Notices

In the hospital

Old 09-04-2012, 05:51 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

You guys are right. I'm in a cab now on my way I felt like i was going to pass out after leaving the ER walking around aimlessly. Now im profusely sweating and my eyes are almost swollen shut from crying. Minute by minute right? Just have to make it through!
Old 09-04-2012, 05:57 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Meg,

are you headed to another hospital? I hope so. Please ask someone there about social services. most larger hospitals have a social services department just for this kind of emergency. If you can find a teaching hospital there might be an intern doing psych rotation who can spend some time helping you get placed. Please dont give up!

Love from Lenina
Old 09-04-2012, 06:05 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Yes I'm on my way to one that has a bed for me. I hope they can help me. I wonder if the other patients will talk to me. I could use a friend
Old 09-04-2012, 06:09 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I went to detox and rehab. Best move I ever made.

And I'm sure someone will show up and be your friend. You will be well taken care of.

We're all here, too.
Old 09-04-2012, 06:12 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

((((meg )))). I'm betting they will be happy to talk to you! In a few days youll be feeling much better. Please talk to the counselors and make a longer term plan. The 30 days I had really helped me work through a lot of other issues. I was grateful to be in a safe place where I could work out answers.

Aftercare is very important. And know you can always come to SR. let us know what's happening.

Love from Lenina
Old 09-04-2012, 06:37 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Still I rise.

Please keep in touch with us, bender.
Old 09-04-2012, 06:46 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

You know you're doing the right thing. Good for you. We're all here if you need to talk.
Old 09-04-2012, 06:47 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Happy to hear you're getting the right kind of medical treatment, bender. You've shown great courage by doing so. Please stay in touch--we care about you!
Old 09-04-2012, 06:58 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Thank you all! I'm in a very crowded waiting room. Hope I can stand the wait. I'm deliriously tired. The good thing is there's an outlet so I can charge my phone and stay on SR while I wait!! wish the chat function worked on my phone. I'm so hungry I hope they feed me
Old 09-04-2012, 06:58 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

bender, good on ya!!! detoxing is best done under the supervision of medical professionals.it is way too dangerous to be done solo. when you get there, dont let fear keep you from telling them what you are going though, that you are an alcoholic and want help.
if you look at it differently, you really do have friends that are there( and here) to help you learn how to get and stay sober. you just havent met them/us yet. i had to have people that had been in my shoes to teach me how to get sober and live. i got that through AA.

dont know iffen you believe in God or not, but this is a good time to start believing there is a power greater than you in this universe that can help you and pray to it.

it could also be possible that, if interested, you can get some members of AA to come visit you in the hospital. if interested, mention it to the folks at the hospital and ask if they can help you get in contact with some members.
Old 09-04-2012, 07:16 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

So I'm at the ER and signed in and waiting to go to triage. That's where i tell them everything right? Should I be making more of a fuss to be seen quickly?
Old 09-04-2012, 07:23 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Triage is where they'll check you out, take your blood pressure, temp, ask your history. Be honest. At the ER lots of people are coming in with heart issues, strokes, accidents and they will assign priority as necessary. Do tell them you're hungry. they usually have at the very least jello and puddings. maybe sandwiches. Everyone was very kind to me when I was there. Please try and be patient (no pun) and they will take care of you. Remember to ask about social services and maybe someone can help you make the arrangements for inpatient.

youre doing good! Hang in there!

love from Lenina
Old 09-04-2012, 08:14 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

meg,

No big advice, just wanted to tell you that I am sorry you are having to go through this, and I wish you the best. I wish I could hug you right now!
Old 09-04-2012, 08:19 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Detox and rehab saved my life IMO. I'm glad you decided to go. When I went, people were very kind and friendly, and the staff was amazing. I hope it's a positive experience for you. Just be honest, open to advice and strategies, and rest assured that you're safely detoxing. Good luck
Old 09-04-2012, 08:36 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

I've done detox and rehab and twice. You're in good hands. Be open and honest. Open your mind and your heart to everything they teach you. Tell your doctors and therapists everything. Take all your meds as prescribed. If something isn't working for you, speak up. This is your time. Take full advantage of it. You're doing the right thing!
Old 09-04-2012, 08:51 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Re-Member

I could not get one day sober on my own and thought if I could safely detox in hospital that would give me a headstart that I wouldn't waste. I didn't think I could afford it and then, like you, I found things funneling me into what I needed. I did a seven day in hospital detox and part of a 28 day rehab, and never looked back. That was two years ago this month. It all started with my already being sick and tired of being sick and tired. I was desperate to quit forever. Not for awhile. Not one day at a time, for good, kaput! I had drunk my lifetime limit and can now live in peace, and self respect.

It sounds like things are going your way. Go with the flow, of your life.
Old 09-04-2012, 11:53 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

They are saying if I don't have alcohol in my blood Im not a candidate. I waited so long in the waiting room I probably don't have any in my blood! I don't want to be discharged what do I do?
Old 09-04-2012, 11:58 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Talk tell your story. Explain that you need to be here. Explain why. Tell them about your drinking habits. Tell them about what it's caused you. Just be honest...I don't see how they can't admit you just because there isn't any in your blood right now
Old 09-05-2012, 01:47 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Meg...hang in there! I hope something works out for you! I'm a week back home from rehab & it was the best thing I ever did. my first week in rehab I was extremely upset with myself that I hadn't made more of a "fuss" I think is how you called it, by not drinking even more than I had the day I checked into impatient. I was drunk but was wishing I had drank more.....the good thing that came of that is that I got to go straight to impatient and skip detox at a hospital. I was grateful for that.
if you are having serious withdrawals, safe bet is getting checked out & begging them to put you into detox....the withdrawals can be life threatening even days after the last drink.
I wish you all the best Meg. praying for you!
Old 09-05-2012, 01:50 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bender2 View Post
So I'm at the ER and signed in and waiting to go to triage. That's where i tell them everything right? Should I be making more of a fuss to be seen quickly?
My last detox, I made a fuss in triage. I didn't really need to though, it was pretty obvious that I was in dire shape. They labeled me as urgent and I was moved back to the ER quickly. Don't hold anything back.