Notices

Hanging in there

Old 09-04-2012, 07:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile Hanging in there

Well, this is the 3rd day without buying any weed. I love the fact that I'm putting forth a real effort this time instead of giving in. I haven't had that much energy and I still feel sad but, I'm not smoking and that is my goal. I guess I was just tripping over the stress of getting remarried next month, only because I have been married before and I know what type of commitment it takes to be with someone day after day, year after year. My last husband was mentally abusive and physically abusive and I don't ever want to go through that again. My fiance is the total opposite, he's gentle, very sweet, hard working and I love him. Which made me feel guilty that when he goes to work I'm sitting around smoking weed then running around spraying air freshener before he gets home. He didn't sign up to marry a weed head and I don't think he would be to happy to find out my dirty little secret. Then there's the plane ride, since we're flying away to get married, I'm scarred of flying, which is another reason i think I was smoking so much. I have to learn to face my issues, and fears without smoking, because no matter how much i smoke to forget or to relieve the stress those issues are still there. Lord keep me strong today.
Old 09-04-2012, 07:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

I found pot/weed made me paraniod and anxious, i suppose the tobacco didn't help either.
It was quite "fuggy" like foggy thinking and made me lazy , Oh Boy ! i don't need to get any lazier ....

When your brain clears it's nice how sparkly and clean the world seems .

Perhaps you could look up some relaxation techniques, i use one where you touch your left ear lobe as you de-stress at home , then touch it if you get stress and anxiety out and about . A bit more adult than sucking your thumb or carying round a blankey ..

Bestwishes, M
Old 09-04-2012, 07:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congrats on three days and getting married silvertuna...Sending you prayers for strength....It's safer to fly than it is to drive...Hang in there!
Old 09-04-2012, 09:30 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Congrats on three days.

I found when I came up to something that was a challenge and only had a few days, which was a lot of times, I found thing were not easier when I drank. I seem to be able to deal better now with things.

I hope you decide to remain sober through your wedding. It will only make it brighter!
Old 09-04-2012, 09:49 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
let it grow!

hugs and support to you, silvertuna. sounds like you have a lot of great reasons to stay clean and sober today. k
Old 09-04-2012, 05:51 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks for all the support, Peace and Love
Old 09-04-2012, 06:47 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Silvertuna,

You have so much to look forward to!!! Stay clean so that you will have a clear head and clean conscience. Your fiance doesn't deserve to have you withholding this kind of thing from him. And you don't deserve to have to do it either. Take care.