Notices

May be too much info for the guys

Old 09-04-2012, 05:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Red face May be too much info for the guys

Well yesterday was Labor Day and I am the 2-3 times a week binge drinker and I forgot to drink. I have been drinking green tea and water with slices of lemon mostly I stopped "using" facebook for the time being and have had 17 days of sobriety under my belt so far. Now for the TMI for the guys part...Since I have quit drinking my time of the month hasn't phased me no cramps no moodiness no bloating is this from quitting the alcohol or the increase in water and green tea or a combo of it all? My skin is much more clear but it seems like some days my skin is dry then its wonderful again today I have a pimple so that sucks but I would like to know is it normal for my skin and time of the month to act out of the ordinary when you first quit? Thank you all for your support I so appreciate it
Old 09-04-2012, 05:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I can relate to this as noticed a reduction in symptoms too-a great side effect!

I've also stopped FB usage too-feel better for it,living in the real world,rather than the shallow world of showing off on FB
Old 09-04-2012, 05:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

That's good for you!

But let's not under estimate the male menstral cycle. We have our moments!

Glad you a sober 17 days. I am sure there are many more surprises to come from long term abstinence.
Old 09-04-2012, 05:30 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Thriving sober since 12/18/08

Well, it's been 17 days.. which is awesome, but sometimes it takes our bodies a long time to heal. I didn't feel 'right' for a couple of months, even though each was better than the last. Plus, hormones do weird things, I've noticed this more and more as I've gotten older. Hang in there!!
Old 09-04-2012, 05:33 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Self recovered Self discovered

While I lack the equipment to share direct experience, I know that all sorts of inflammation disappeared for me when I quit. Joints, muscles, skin, gums, all got better when the alcohol stopped. I also improved my diet, exercise, water consumption, all sorts of things, so I can't say what caused what. I can say that everything is better now and that the whole unit is happier.

While this isn't TMI for me, you might get more responses to your thread if you look at the Women's forum. There is no such thing as TMI there!

Congratulations on your sobriety. Well done!