Notices

Sober at 41 One day at a time..

Old 09-04-2012, 02:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Sober at 41 One day at a time..

Good morning all,

First I would like to thank all of you that gave me birthday wishes.. They all meant very much to me. It is so nice to now have a sincere livestyle. And we dont even know each other but we share this addiction, in turn we know each other so well.

So monday was the highlight of the weekend. Labor Day weekend here in the states,. and this year it feel on my birthday .. Being a holiday boy I sure loved the attention and party atmosphere that came with it.. Now after some time of learning and never giving up on sobriety I keep learning. And this weekend I learned I truly like sober living.. I say that often , but it really is true, for some days are hard and some are even harder. But knowing and living in them like riding a wave, sometimes scarey, sometimes fast, sometimes slow, but always so nice to finish and look back at the tide...

I wanted to share this with people here specailly newbies.. This place is awesome , its my recovery when I am not out of the house.. I have met many people and become friends with some over the 1 year and a half..
I have sent candy to South Africa and received crazy candy back. I have made sober friends in NM, Utah, and over the bridge in Oakland. All places I have been but now different with sobriety.. Cookies from NM, Taffy from Utah, thank you girls..

Anyways I am rambling on, so with that I just send all my wishes to you that struggle. It truly does get better, get a program and stick with it...

And always Smile cause Sobriety looks good on You....

Good love, Inda
Old 09-04-2012, 03:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad you had a great day Inda

D
Old 09-04-2012, 04:36 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks for your great post and good wishes for your birthday.
Old 09-04-2012, 04:56 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Beats the snot out of being drunk/hungover/drunk/hungover/horrors/fear/shame/fear/drunk/.........