Notices

anyone know? inpatient drug rehab and privacy of treatment.

Old 09-02-2012, 07:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

anyone know? inpatient drug rehab and privacy of treatment.

Going to inpatient rehab as I've. Posted on a lot of other threads. Tomorrows the big day. I say goodbye to my 3 babies and my life for a little to go get better. One question that's in my head is. Who will. Have access to this info? As in who will be able to know I went to rehab? Its payed for by my ins does it go on my medical record? If so who has access to it? I was told by someone hippa laws protect it even on med records as behavioral health treatment. Is this true? I work in the med field and I don't even have the answer to this. Anyone who's been to inpatient know how its works. Will my work find out will my drs be notified? Just wondering.
Old 09-02-2012, 07:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

((Becron)) - This isn't legal advice but what I know. I'm not 100% sure, but just looked in my medical law book and it indicates any treatment for substance abuse can't be disclosed except for certain circumstances (won't go into that but nothing I've read from your post fits the circumstances).

What I learned of medical law is there's a lot of variation, so I would recommend you ask them when you check in.

I will keep you and your family in my prayers,

Amy
Old 09-02-2012, 07:53 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks for quickly replying to me impurrfect. I will ask when I get there among all my other written questiond. Again thanks for all your encouraging words on my other threads as well. You have helped and enpowered me more then you know. You should be proud of yourself your a very good person. That also goes for the whole SR group. So glad I found you guys when I was soooo very lost back in july and wasn't ready yet. I am now and here I GO!
Old 09-02-2012, 07:54 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Getting Healthy

Good luck tomorrow and on your journey!
Old 09-02-2012, 08:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Good luck, Becron! We will be with you in spirit. This is a wonderful gift your are giving yourself. (((HUGS)))
Old 09-02-2012, 08:01 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I believe that the only people that will know about it are the people you allow to know about it. I think you have to sign something allowing that permission. Ask questions when you get there. Don't get yourself crazy about this...I'm sure you are nervous, but once you get there and settled in....You'll realize you are right where you are supposed to be. You'll meet some great people....Both that work there and are there like yourself for treatment. I did have some computer access in the one I was in....Check in and let us know how you are doing if you do...It's an amazing step you are taking....Learn to listen and listen to learn.