Notices

What's everybody doing today?

Old 09-02-2012, 12:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

What's everybody doing today?

I slept half the day away (that was not the plan). But I had trouble sleeping, and hey I'll take it - at least it had nothing to do with alcohol

So, I'm 4 days sober and my Sunday consists of

avoiding a small bbq that will involve sitting with people getting drunk
going food shopping
reading a book
taking a walk
playing with my cats
a meeting
Old 09-02-2012, 12:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Very smart to avoid the BBQ I would too!
H is working all day, so it's just me and my 18 month old daughter. We went foodshopping and then spent 2 hours at the park. I did some chores while she napped, and now we're getting ready to get dinner with my parents. Then we'll get her to bed, and I won't be far behind her... up at 5am for a meeting tomorrow.
Old 09-02-2012, 12:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Slept in...Went to a great noon meeting...Got my fix of recovery....Hung around with some friends after that...Went shopping....Going to grill some steaks in a little bit with family....They'll have some wine....I won't.
Old 09-02-2012, 12:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Today was another day of novelty, gaiety, and clear headed wonderment . . Visited the beach and launched forth some pebbles, ate copious amounts of deep fried Cod and chips washed down with fizzy Cream Soda, hosed down the Vauxhall Astra of rationalism and applied a fine wax polish, had a chat with the Koi Carp in the garden pond, then accompanied my long suffering Girlfriend to a meditation group. And so it is to bed
Old 09-02-2012, 12:57 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Harvesting tomatoes, cucumbers, green beans and peppers from the garden.
Making a stop at the local farmers markets to stock up on the bounty.
My sisters and I are going to try our hand at canning and preserving tomorrow - we've never done this before.

We'll either be stocking our shelves for the winter, or laughing our butts off at the dismal failure of it all.

We'll see....
Old 09-02-2012, 01:10 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

It is raining hard....which squashed all opportunities for a walk/run/golf

So, it is has been laundry day, with a major dose of cleaning and rearranging the furniture. We have a neighborhood BBQ later today, which I am dreading. All families...but, also a keg of beer. I have been thinking about strategies all day to avoid the fall from the wagon - including calling in sick. Day three is a tough one, but I have been busy. It is amazing how productive one can be when you are not three sheets to the wind.

Panacea
Old 09-02-2012, 01:17 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

I was up at six, meditated and prayed
relaxed came here.

Then did stuff around the house

Ate breakfast

Took a 1 1/2 walk to get my medicine

Cleaned the kitchen , by washing the walls and windows.

Preping dinner-- Rosemary infused Roasted Chicken with cous cous and roasted asparagus

Meeting

Eat and chill out ....

Write on the gratitude list here and do it again tomorrow...
Old 09-02-2012, 01:48 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

worked all day and relaxing with husband! making dinner soon and then a walk around the neighborhood. that should kill time til bed!
Old 09-02-2012, 02:28 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'm enjoying time with my dogs. I like to sit at my desk and just watch them 'being dogs' and relaxing on the rug. I get such satisfaction just knowing my sober self is responsible for the great care they get.

I have no plans for today or Labor day but to hang out at home and watch movies and play with the dogs.
Old 09-02-2012, 02:37 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I'm dog-sitting for someone. So this morning, I took my mountain bike out and took the dog for a run through the backwoods trails.

Today's the last day for pools to be open, so I went and discovered a swimming pool smack dab in the middle of the woods. Nothing like floating in a pristine blue pool looking out into the trees and river.

Now I'm about to go pick up my parents and take them out to sushi for dinner and catch up with them.
Old 09-02-2012, 02:46 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Woke up early and went for a walk ( my back is in a bad way today) no running
Drank a smoothie and played with lily and max ( kitties)
Went and looked at a few houses that are potentials to purchase (drive by)
Now, I am thinking about dinner and watching CSI. Resting the ol back.
All in all its been a good sober day.
Old 09-02-2012, 02:57 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Stayied to myself today. Me and the dog hung out. I was reading and dog was plopped on top of me every which way. Went to a diner. Went shopping. I am not a picnic person. So I steer clear of them when I can. A nice day all in all. Been around people waaay too much lately. A nice respite.
Old 09-02-2012, 03:11 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hi backbeat and everyone,

Going to grill sober for first time Sunday is my cooking day for the week so I probably get creative today with stuff. I kind of feel like making fresh gnocchi (not store bought)... hmm thats all I got besides grilling chicken and carne asada.

Going to practice speed reading later to begin preparing for school, and continue my brain function by doing some calculus, maybe some puzzle games, then work on learning some HTML & CSS. I feel like being productive today, and this stuff is all fun to me anyway... yah I am kinda of a nerd also lol
Old 09-02-2012, 03:32 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

My day was dull - I just grocery shopped. SO happy to be sober on this holiday weekend, though. I think your Sunday sounded great, backbeat.

I was exhausted the first few weeks after quitting. We've beaten ourselves up badly, and need the rest. Proud of you for those 4 days of sobriety!
Old 09-02-2012, 03:58 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Administrator

I worked today. My husband cooked a wonderful supper for us and then we went for a walk. It's very quiet in the middle of a big city on a holiday weekend.
Old 09-02-2012, 04:04 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
...not falling down them

Our younger daughter and I visited our older daughter in residential rehab, getting there around 10:30 am.

We went to chapel, then had a scrumptious dinner of fried chicken, mashed potatoes, green beans, rolls, salad, and butterfinger ice cream and coffee.

Then we signed out around 1:30 pm and went to our favorite mall. I treated us to Bath and Body works (thanks to dh). They had a 'buy 3 get 3' sale so we did that, which was really fun as we haven't done it in ages!! We used to do it regularly, seems like a million years ago. It was cool to revive the tradition.

We did a lot of talking, and went to the grocery store for a few things she needed like laundry detergent etc. And cookies from the bakery for us of course LOL. The kind with the mini m&m's, and peanut butter.

It was a very pleasant visit. We dropped her off around 5:30 pm and now home relaxing in the A/C.

Happy Labor Day!
Old 09-02-2012, 04:16 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

This was the 3rd day of the Deutsche Bank Golf
Championship, so we wanted to complete all our
running around before it came on. So, at the crack
of dawn we went to Walmart for groceries, then return
home to unload them. Then we headed out for Petsmart
for pet food, then Target. We ate Mexican food for
an early lunch before heading to the tattoo shop
to make my appointment for a new tattoo on Friday.

We made it home just in time to see Tiger tee off.

My husband and I are early to bed to be early risers
so bedtime is near and look forward to waking up
for a good cup of coffee and cigar tomorrow morning.

Another sober filled day of running the roads and golf.