Notices

For Weasel~Never On Sunday

Old 09-02-2012, 11:21 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

For Weasel~Never On Sunday

Just a little support thread for Weasel and everyone else who has an especially rough time on Sundays. Check in and let us know how you're doing.
Hope you're filling your weekend with nice relaxing things that you enjoy.

I'm having a bad day. My elderly mom has Alzheimers and has been really clingy and upset all week. It's not her fault, and we can't control it but I feel so helpless and so stifled at the same time. Makes me want to run to the bar to escape with friends. Worst solution in the world for dealing with it, so trying to stay sane and sober. Makes me remember how many Sunday nights I drank to escape, for any reason under the sun.
Old 09-02-2012, 11:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Kudos to you for starting this thread and thinking of others while you are dealing with your own difficulties.

I love it.

This must be such a trying time for you, and I am glad you have not decided to drink in spite of feeling stymied and helpless. In my life, I have dealt with family members suffering with chronic illness - some while I was stewed to the gills, and others after I got sober.

I never had any regrets about my actions in dealing with these matters while sober, but I sure have my regrets about being drunk and facing them.

Sending good vibes to you...

And, Weasel, I'm hoping you are enjoying your Sunday alcohol free too
Old 09-02-2012, 12:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Hey everyone! I am here and sober! Will be all day!

You are so cool posting this for me and others when you are not having the best day.

THANK YOU!

I went for a 5 mile hike this morning at bear mountain. Got back home and will be having a few friends over for a BBQ. They are sober friends.

I will be checking back in later. Tomorrow is like a Sunday with being off so I will be on sr a lot. I can do this because I am worth it.

Hope all here are staying sober today!

Ken
Old 09-02-2012, 12:00 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks Wellwisher! Good vibes received-did you make mom fall asleep for me?
Old 09-02-2012, 12:04 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Hey there ,
Reading a book here so not a tough one for me tonight .

Sounds like a tough day for you NFW remember this to shall pass , the amount of times i've meatphoricly sat on my hands !

Hi to anyone having a tough time 8pm BST roll call , will post again in an hour if i can, perhaps some people will join me,
Bestwishes, M
Old 09-02-2012, 12:20 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Self recovered Self discovered

Glad to hear this news, Weasel, makes me happy for you. And NFW is good people. Thanks.
Old 09-02-2012, 12:32 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I am actually having a good day.

I can be certain I could never have done the hike if I was not sober yesterday. It was a hard trail to climb.

I would have been hungover or space from drinking an coke. So I am grateful today for my sobriety and feeling quite good about things.

Having a positive attitude is key for me. I can get wrapped around the axel pretty quick sometimes. So with no beast on my shoulder I can relax today. Enjoy a calm Sunday as compared to last one where i was not feeling strong.
Old 09-02-2012, 01:04 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

9pm BST and still sober woo hooo , made it through another day !

Bestwishes, M
Old 09-02-2012, 01:26 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

You guys are neat. I love seeing the positive. Have fun with your BBQ Ken
NFW :I'm sorry that your having a hard time. Sending you and your mother a healing prayer.
Mecanix: its another wholesome night.

Thanks for this post.
Old 09-02-2012, 01:58 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sorry you've had a rough week NFW but this is a great idea for a thread - thanks
Glad you're going ok Weasel - you too mechanix

D
Old 09-02-2012, 02:48 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Just finished the BBQ with friends and ready to settle in and watch a good movie.

The odd thing was while on the front porch with everyone I looked at the spot where just 6 months ago I was curled up drunk because that was where I fell and didnt move.

Its take some effort to get here. I suspect I will have more moments that remind me to be grateful. I am.

Hope those that are struggling at this moment know you can do it! Being sober is totally possible.

Thanks again NFW! You are awesome!

Ken
Old 09-02-2012, 08:30 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Great news Ken! I knew you could do it. Good job Mecanix and everyone else who's battling the weekend triggers and blues! It really helps to check in here and see that others are being successful during a tough time. We're all getting so wholesome these days lol It's kind of ironic, using technology for support while returning to simpler times and activities.

7 weeks ago I was sitting in the bar, drinking for basically no reason except to escape from my thoughts and responsibilities. Tonight I was sitting in the same place, but sober and clear headed and it felt great. Best of all, people were impressed I wasn't drinking and didn't try to get me to start for once. Thanks for the kind words re mom. I have it easier than many, it just gets to me once in awhile

Tomorrow is like another Sunday due to the holiday so we can carry on the roll call for another day
Old 09-03-2012, 04:42 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Good morning. Yes a holiday Monday for me is worse sometimes than a Sunday. But that's just av talking.

In fact today is just another day ending in y. Nothing more than that.

And since I have proven I can remain sober on days ending in y... Well... I have a lot planned. And nothing that requires me to be in bars.... Around drinkers... Or anything else that's not a place drinkers go.

I have morning chores and shopping to do. Then there is a big art show in Washington square park today in NYC. Take a lazy train ride in and see what's what.

I will be here all day and looking to support all I can.

Ken
Old 09-03-2012, 01:49 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Hows things going with you all on the holiday ?

Nearly 10 pm here dinner is in my belly, book is ready to read , feet up ... day off tomorow ( got to take mum to cardiologyist )

Bestwishes, M
Old 09-03-2012, 01:53 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I am having a very difficult time this evening. But I made the decision not to drink and that's not negotiable.

Why is between 4 and 8 on Sundays ( holiday Monday's ) the worst!

I am here and not going anywhere. Gonna grill now to stay busy.

Thanks M!,!
Old 09-03-2012, 02:06 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

There is only 3 hours left in this day. If i give that to drinking then I did not just give three hours. I gave everything. And that is to high a cost.
Old 09-03-2012, 02:08 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I always got wound up on Sunday evenings thinking about what I need to do on Monday and all the work ahead. Interupted my sleep, too.

Doc Marten's Season 5 just came out on Netflix; putting Monday (or in this case, Tuesday) on hold and plan to enjoy tonight.

Enjoy the grilling! Drinking's not an option....
Old 09-03-2012, 02:19 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I took a hammer to the AV and feeling a lot better. Just have to put it in its place and it settles down.

Thanks for the support!
Old 09-03-2012, 02:22 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

I think i sat through a lot of my cravings in bed, covers over my head with the radio on . If i didn't move outa there nothing could get me .

M
Old 09-03-2012, 02:35 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Great OP and follow up posts. Thanks NFW.
Weasel, I love that feeling just after our AV's is seen through and starts shrinking. Sweet eh?

Have a great sober evening.

Natalie