Notices

Sobriety: Day 37

Old 09-02-2012, 07:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Lightbulb Sobriety: Day 37

It's day 37 of sobriety, and this morning I decided to go see my doctor because my depression levels have increased dramatically since giving up the booze.

The doctor suggested I go back on anti-d's for a while until things level out, so I'm going to give it a shot..

It's also been one year and two days since I gave up weed! I'm pretty proud of that since pretty much everyone I know still smokes the stuff.

Hope you're all having a good one

-Ben
Old 09-02-2012, 07:58 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Ben,

Congratulations on 37 days sober and an extra congrats on over a year off of weed! A lot of us are on anti-d's (like me). I need them (actually I think I need an adjustment right now, which I am going to deal with) - I wish I didn't have to take them because long-term effects have not been studied (they haven't been around long enough) but I refuse to go through life with a chemical imbalance in my brain if I can help it.
Keep up the good work! Best wishes.
Old 09-02-2012, 08:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
dude in recovery

Congrats on quitting the weed and the 37 days.
For me just the opposite, my depression began lifting\going away in the first months of sobriety. I also found that I was then able snap myself out of it when I felt the early signs coming on (zoning out, thinking too far ahead or about too much). Similar to breaking out of the compulsion to drink moments, it took time, but I can bring myself back down to the 'here&now' & put my brain to use on something else.
I hope the meds help and won't hinder your sobriety.
Old 09-02-2012, 08:15 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Ben, Welcome to SR and congratulations on your sobriety from alcohol and for keeping away from the pot! My experience was like Scolova in that I've seen less depression since quitting alcohol. Everyone's chemistry is different though, you can't go wrong with seeing the doctor to make sure you're doing what works for you.

Continued best wishes!
Old 09-02-2012, 08:28 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good to see you again Ben

congrats on day 37 - and congrats on seeing your Dr too - I hope that the anti-ds will help

D
Old 09-02-2012, 08:29 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congrats Ben! We're within days of one another I'm on Zoloft once a day, Trazidone if I feel anxious, and clonodine to help me sleep. They've all helped tremendously. Good luck!
Old 09-03-2012, 05:21 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
~sb

Welcome to SR!
Old 09-03-2012, 05:27 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

congrats this sober stuff is hard. i know u will be better off. good things are gonna come your way. keep up the good work!!!!!!!!!!!!!