Notices

Feel worse and worse

Old 09-06-2012, 11:00 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I can relate to how you feel jtb... I'm 6 months sober but really, up until this point I have been really unmotivated. Really a couple of weeks ago it felt like something clicked and I realised that I had the power to change things in my life. I still feel pretty unmotivated most of the time but I'm working on it. I try to do small things every day which are positive (and it can be something really really small) and work from there. Is there any steps you could take to going back to school. Going to meetings would certainly help too, get some structure back...

Whatever you do you should feel incredibly proud of the sober time you have! That is a massive achievement in itself and anything you do on top of that is a bonus x
Old 09-07-2012, 08:40 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Shall we do a deal Jtb? If you start exercising/walking I will start again. I need some inspiration too.

You see I have been finding it very hard to do all the things I used to like doing before my lovely Dad died in June this year...I've gone off my favourite foods, music, weights everything, and I have to push myself to even eat most days.

I keep telling myself that I will go for my power walk tomorrow, or when I walk past my dumbells I want to pick them up but I just can't do it, and it is so strange because I know how great I feel after exercise!

We are our own worst enemies aren't we.

Let me know
Old 09-07-2012, 08:58 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Learning to live from the inside out instead of vice versa takes practice and is usually something different for addicts who always reached outside to their drug of choice to feel. Some where in the Big Book it says "practice these principles in all our affairs," and it truly is practice. Some days are better than others, it gets better.
Old 09-07-2012, 09:33 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

@ hypochondriac yes that's what i'm trying to do just take babysteps. I remember before I got sober, I used to say "whats the point im not gonna be sober for the rest of my life" I would get to ahead of myself, and think of the future instead of thinking right now. They tell you to take things day by day.

& yes Vall we have a deal lol I went to the grocery store this morning and got a bunch of fruits & veggies that I like and salad and stuff like that. I started this thing called dietbet.com, everyone puts in money in the pot, and whoever loses 4% of bodyfat in 4 weeks, 28 days, gets the money or splits the pot. So i have to lose 7 pounds, even if i dont win the money, or lose exactly 7 pounds I know this is a good motivation for me. So starting today im gonna eat healthy and start walking and riding my bike. & I will see how far I come in a month.
Old 09-07-2012, 09:36 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

And Vall, also I am sorry to hear about your dad, I know what it is like to loose someone you love. My addiction started to form right around the time my great grandma died unexpectedly. I think she is the reason I've been able to stay sober for so long, I think about her every day, and about how much i've probably dissapointed her. But I know im making her proud right now, and I will continue to do that.
Old 09-07-2012, 12:40 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Thanks for your kind words about my Dad Jtb...

About exercising - I wasn't expecting you to throw the gauntlet this quickly though ;> I'm not ready! (story of my life recently)

It sounds a great program that you are doing re your diet and I am sure that you will do well!

Ok so I promise to you (and myself) that tomorrow I will go on a 5k power walk - I usually do 10k 3 times a week but I know I have lost some fitness these past months so am taking it easy to start with.

Keep in touch.