Notices

I Was Reading Everyone's Posts, I know, No Life

Old 08-31-2012, 04:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I Was Reading Everyone's Posts, I know, No Life

And it struck me, I think on the left then the right. But the point, I have one, is our humanity. Some of us slip and fall, I have. But we get up and get on here and support. I'm older than anyone on earth, been a drinker longer than most of you have been alive. But today I haven't and I got it, today is all I have.
Old 08-31-2012, 05:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
orangutan

Your not alone there Fitz ,I been drinking longer than some of the others have been alive too.
Old 08-31-2012, 10:47 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

We are given the gift of conciousness every morning and i make the best of it moment by moment . There is lots to be thankful for, warmth , shelter , the play and feel of water through my fingers,

Think your posts are great,

Bestwishes, M
Old 08-31-2012, 10:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

(((Fitz)))). I read many, many of the posts here. I learn a lot, I see similarities. Many I can empathize with. I don't pray in a traditional way so I do send up my thoughts for those who are struggling, smile and be happy for those having successes in their lives of sobriety. I don't write so well and usually there's others who can other advice or support better than I can. I chime in when I think it might help.

I hope someone out there is reading my posts when Im having a rough time and sending their best thoughts. SR is important to me. I am proud to be a member of this wonderful community.

Love from Lenina
Old 08-31-2012, 11:13 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I am. Lenina. I don't write well I have dyslexia but can't spell it.
Old 08-31-2012, 11:22 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I completely agree. We all share similar characteristics and are fighting this battle together. As long as you are trying to get better and as long as you don't give up, things will work out... regardless of your age! Congrats on tonight!!
Old 08-31-2012, 11:23 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Fitz! Me too! I also have dyslexia and my vision isn't the greatest (old age stuff) but I think you write very well. I miss you when you're not posting and get a lot from your posts.

I also have autocorrect that messes up my already messed up typing!

Another great thing about SR is, it's open 24 7. And there's a lot of kind, generous folks who are willing to share what works for them. I'm very grateful for all these people who tell their stories.

Love from Lenina