Notices

Bleh evening...AV chattering

Old 08-31-2012, 05:45 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
sobriety date 5-2-12

Originally Posted by AlaskaGirl View Post
Your sober date... Wow, great job!

I am dieting too, I have found looking for new recipes and cooking healthy meals helps distract me. My freezer is filling up fast, lol.
I love looking up recipes and reading cookbooks.
Old 08-31-2012, 05:50 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I know the feeling well....
After months...ok years....of being really sedintary, my wife and I started painting our house today...I strained muscles that I didn't know I had....

My AV is trying to nag me but I'm not listening.

Maybe some ibuprofen and some coffee...nice combo, huh?

Have a great sober evening ya'll...
Old 08-31-2012, 05:50 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
I looked like that holdin beer

Well, you rock, Aeo-- I hope you have a great day tomorrow I think you will.

I am sittin' here on the PC, 27 years old and alone on a Friday night!!! Akkkkkkkkk. I will make it again.

2 calls already to go out, but staying strong. I pretty much live in this room and AA on weekends.

I took the dog for 2 walks already, lol. I think my recovery is exhausting him.

Hugs,
MC
Old 08-31-2012, 06:00 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
sobriety date 5-2-12

Originally Posted by MetalChick View Post
Well, you rock, Aeo-- I hope you have a great day tomorrow I think you will.

I am sittin' here on the PC, 27 years old and alone on a Friday night!!! Akkkkkkkkk. I will make it again.

2 calls already to go out, but staying strong. I pretty much live in this room and AA on weekends.

I took the dog for 2 walks already, lol. I think my recovery is exhausting him.

Hugs,
MC
My dog has lost weight since I got sober due to all the walks!
Old 08-31-2012, 06:01 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
sobriety date 5-2-12

MC- you are doing great btw!!!
Old 08-31-2012, 08:01 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Self recovered Self discovered

I remember appreciating the fact that I can actually relax around my AV, all because of my no more alcohol vow. Don't get me wrong, I hear the voice trying to work me, and I hear the lines made especially with my mind in mind. The only way my AV would really start to get to me, is if I began to doubt my ability, and that I might actually lose at this and give in, if my AV actually had a chance at getting me to drink.. Wait a minute, you, you are my AV again trying to get me to doubt, so that I can get worked up and cranky and then I go and pick up a bottle......
Not so fast buster, not gonna happen, and it's not going to happen because I have learned to recognize you for what you are, you're my AV. Recognize AV + Vow to never drink = sober. Cool.

I guess what I am trying to say, aeo1313, is that you can be cool in the face of your cravings because they are your AV trying to work you, but it can't, because you know how this will all turn out. When you get that ping, slow down and watch it, see what effect it is having. Is your mind racing? Are you getting nervous? Is there a feeling of rising panic? Focus your attention on your breathing too, is it changing? By doing this, you recognize with your full attention, what is happening, you are present in this moment. And wouldn't you know it, this moment just happens to be one of the moments when you don't drink. Now, where were we?

Aeo1313, you are doing very well here. Soon it will become second nature to you and a simple flick of your focus at your AV will quiet it again, leaving you calm, cool, in control, and sober. Best to you.