SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   90 Days Sober Today! (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/266868-90-days-sober-today.html)

Live2Run25 08-31-2012 08:31 AM

90 Days Sober Today!

Here I am. 90 days sober..3 solid months.

I got to work this morning to find a card and a handmade necklace on my desk from a coworker. Her note said:

“Brittany, congrats on your 90 days! I wanted to take the time to tell you I am rooting for you and so excited for you! Good job!”

I am humbled by the amount of support I’ve gotten in the first 3 months of this journey. All the online support on my recovery board, twitter, facebook, the blogging world, my family, friends, and even coworkers. I’d be totally lost without the support of everyone. A simple “great job!” might not seem significant but it is. I hold every compliment in my heart. To know so many people are rooting for me makes me feel special, like I matter, which I guess is why I drank in the first place. I didn’t feel special, or wanted, so I drank to wash the feelings away. I drank to feel like I had real friends, and people who cared about me. About a month before I got sober, I knew that I needed to stop, or at least slow down, but I was single and alone. I continued to go out and keep the wheels of the cycle of my drinking moving. It was better than staying at home alone.

Then I met a man who changed my life. I met someone who made me want to be a better person, who made me not want to be who was in all my past relationships. I knew that my drinking would get between that. As if I needed a direct sign to quit, my father ended up in the hospital, nearly dead from a drinking binge. I looked at him in the hospital, his legs weak and unsteady. I’ve never seen a man over six feet tall look so feeble and old. I could read the pain and regret on his face so plainly, it was as if someone painted the words on his forehead. This was the day. I could feel it. That was the day I stopped drinking. 90 days ago today.

FredG 08-31-2012 08:34 AM

FAN-FREAKIN-TASTIC - love to see it when people like you succeed

doggonecarl 08-31-2012 08:38 AM

Monumental.

And thanks for all the support you've provided to the others coming here for help and guidance.

Live2Run25 08-31-2012 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by doggonecarl (Post 3557124)
Monumental.

And thanks for all the support you've provided to the others coming here for help and guidance.

I'd be nowhere without everyones support. =)

Mizzuno 08-31-2012 08:41 AM

WOW! Good Job! Keep up the good work live2run. You are a inspiration.

WantToHeal 08-31-2012 08:43 AM

Well done, Live2Run! Congrats!

Anna 08-31-2012 08:43 AM

Britt, be very proud of yourself. :)

artsoul 08-31-2012 08:45 AM

Such an inspiring post..... thank you! Congratulations on your 90 days, Live2Run! :You_Rock_

backbeat 08-31-2012 08:46 AM

Congratulations on your 90 days! Awesome! I hope to get there myself.

Originally Posted by Live2Run25 (Post 3557114)
Here I am. 90 days sober..3 solid months.

I got to work this morning to find a card and a handmade necklace on my desk from a coworker. Her note said:

“Brittany, congrats on your 90 days! I wanted to take the time to tell you I am rooting for you and so excited for you! Good job!”

I am humbled by the amount of support I’ve gotten in the first 3 months of this journey. All the online support on my recovery board, twitter, facebook, the blogging world, my family, friends, and even coworkers. I’d be totally lost without the support of everyone. A simple “great job!” might not seem significant but it is. I hold every compliment in my heart. To know so many people are rooting for me makes me feel special, like I matter, which I guess is why I drank in the first place. I didn’t feel special, or wanted, so I drank to wash the feelings away. I drank to feel like I had real friends, and people who cared about me. About a month before I got sober, I knew that I needed to stop, or at least slow down, but I was single and alone. I continued to go out and keep the wheels of the cycle of my drinking moving. It was better than staying at home alone.

Then I met a man who changed my life. I met someone who made me want to be a better person, who made me not want to be who was in all my past relationships. I knew that my drinking would get between that. As if I needed a direct sign to quit, my father ended up in the hospital, nearly dead from a drinking binge. I looked at him in the hospital, his legs weak and unsteady. I’ve never seen a man over six feet tall look so feeble and old. I could read the pain and regret on his face so plainly, it was as if someone painted the words on his forehead. This was the day. I could feel it. That was the day I stopped drinking. 90 days ago today.

Jeni26 08-31-2012 08:47 AM

You are doing SO well! Congratulations xx

Live2Run25 08-31-2012 09:18 AM

Thank you everyone!!

NewHouse2012 08-31-2012 09:45 AM

Love this post. Can feel the true positivity through it. Awesome job!

Mark75 08-31-2012 09:48 AM

Nice....

Live2Run25 08-31-2012 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by NewHouse2012 (Post 3557200)
Love this post. Can feel the true positivity through it. Awesome job!

Thank you! I'm a much more positive person without alcohol!

edeneen 08-31-2012 09:51 AM

congratulations

OneLessLonely 08-31-2012 09:54 AM

Congrats! So happy for you!

soberjim 08-31-2012 09:56 AM

Congratulations!!!

Jim

pauladmits 08-31-2012 10:02 AM

Very inspirational stuff!! Congratulations!!

Happier 08-31-2012 10:17 AM

That is truly great. Well done.
So glad you are doing well. Keep posting. I know everyone enjoys and benefits from them.

WingsFan13 08-31-2012 10:24 AM

congrats! sending positive vibes your way!