Notices

"30 Days and Under"... Come & encourage them!

Old 09-03-2012, 05:08 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

3wks today yay!!!!!
Old 09-03-2012, 05:23 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Day 16 for me and all is well.

Feel good most of the time, my puffiness has gone and my eyes look brighter plus I'm sleeping so much better.

I'm enjoying sobriety and intend to keep it that way. I've missed so much being in that drunken fog.

Big hugs to you all and thank you for the support. Don't think I could do it without you.

Gxx
Old 09-03-2012, 05:41 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

On this Labor Day, it makes me think about how sobriety is a labor of love. Love for ourselves, our families, each other. Share the load - let's work together to stay out of alcohell. Great work being done here!!
Old 09-03-2012, 06:04 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

I just read on another thread "You have to want to be sober more than you want to drink". That says it all for me. I am only on day 6 this time, but I know what what gets me through those moments of cravings is that I want sobriety and all that comes with it more than I want that drink/drinks. I think of the times that I have given in to cravings during my previous attempts at sobriety..and it's always basically that I allowed myself to overlook or underestimate the beauty of being sober, and decided I wanted the alcohol more.
Just thought I'd share...
Old 09-03-2012, 06:17 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Spiritual Learner

God Bless you all, it is good to see all the support we all have for each other. That is what helped me is when another human being jumped in the dark hole that I was in and jumped down and shown me the way out. For me the one thing that STOPPED me from drinking was a sober fellowship. When I say this I am not advocating for a 12 step program but advocating for healthy, non drinking people to surround ourself with. We may have friends who love us but if they don't understand our alcoholism they will not be able to support us like SR or other recovery people can.
Whatever method you use if it is keeping you sober keep going but if you are relapsing take an honest look at that method and yourself and see what is stopping you, stress, no support, irrational thoughts, family problems, the f-its, etc..., our sobriety or should I say our life is up to us, nobody can force us into sobriety, it is an inner desire that we have. What was also helpful was when I had a month to hear someone say I have 3, 6, 9 months, that gave me HOPE.

I wanted to fit in somewhere and found my place back into society away from the bar/rinking scene, and the longer I stayed sober the less I wanted to be there, it all takes tme and effort, keep plugging away ONE DAY AT A TIME, and that is hows it adds up. Don't take that drink/drug today, and today only. Keep asking for help, praying, and follow a few simple directions and the rest of life will be manageable without alcohol/drugs. God Bless you all on your journey in sobriety!!!
Old 09-03-2012, 06:28 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

It's going to be around that 30th day that I start making excuses. I've been so good. This hasn't been difficult. Wow, I can handle this.
Old 09-03-2012, 06:47 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

I have seven of the very best days under my belt. I have not felt this alive in months. Thank you to all of you at SR - the information I have gleaned on this website has and is helping me to save my own life. Thank you!!
Old 09-03-2012, 10:09 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Day 2 today, drinking lots of juice and hangin at home. No need for me to be at a drunken BBQ ect.
Old 09-03-2012, 10:55 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Yes, BF. You're right. Good going! Taking care of you!

We only get one body and one mind. One life. This is it. It comes down to who we want to be. It is up to each of us to decide.

Besides, is a predictable drinking BBQ really worth enduring another "day one" tomorrow? I never ever want to go through day one again. I tell myself that whenever I am struggling.

We all know what the drinking path looks and feels like. No surprises there. But the sober path is full of wonderful surprises. I am a curious person. Sometimes that is what gets me through. I think: "EQ, don't you want to stick around and see how the sober story ends?"

Congratulations to all of you for creating another sober day. For it is you who are doing it!

If you can do this, (and, you are) just think what other wonderful things you can do!!
Old 09-03-2012, 11:07 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Looked at myself in the mirror after 5 days sober and WOW. The color is slowly returning to my face. I don't look white as a sheet. Thats a big incentive to keep on this path.
Old 09-03-2012, 11:12 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Oh yes Goa, and there will be more. I recently had a family photo taken. My sibs say I look younger in this new pic than i did in the one we had taken ten yrs ago. Only they dont all know why. Lol But I do! Seven months of sobriety, thats why!
Old 09-03-2012, 11:13 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, day 2 again for me. Day 30 would be a miracle, good job I believe I can do it this time.
Old 09-03-2012, 11:31 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

JimUK
Getting back again, and having 2 days is a miracle. Keep it up and it will eventually be 30 days. Congrats on coming back. Makes the rest of us realize it is not fun and games out there.
Old 09-03-2012, 11:34 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Jasmine
Day 30 will be no different than day 29. Just don't drink/use. It will get better
Old 09-03-2012, 11:43 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

After 300+ days i notice how clear the whites of my eyes are , no blood-shot-ness . No sweats, no shakey hands and not jittery or as anxious & jumpy.

Think ya'll doing well, the hardest bit to get over is at the begining

Bestwishes, M
Old 09-03-2012, 11:55 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

I love SR, when I don't visit the site I'm just another numb drunk, when I'm on the forum and reading everyones comments its like being alive again and I get a feeling inside that just maybe things could work out.

Thanks to everyone
Old 09-03-2012, 12:08 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

21 Days Sober!

Re-posting here from the August 2012 thread to encourage all new users:

So I rounded out August with 18 days and now I've officially hit 3 weeks or 21 days without drinking! It's been very challenging, but very rewarding and an overwhelming feeling of accomplishment.

Some of you saw my other posts regarding having emergency surgery last Monday to remove an enlarged and infected Gall Bladder. This was preceded with about 5 days of feeling really sick. In my old life I would have turned to drinking to numb the pain, not this time. I actually didn't even consider that as an option.

I've also been trying to closeout a 1.5 year long personal family betrayal over a land investment with my Sister. As many of you also experience, Family drama issues have always lead me to feeling depressed, sad and I would turn to the drink to help me not "feel" the depths of the betrayal. This time, I faced it head on and didn't consider drinking my way to a coma as an alternative. After all, I know that in the end it only delays feeling the pain, it doesn’t diminish or dismiss feeling it all together.

A friend of mine from Graduate School died way to young and my Husband’s cousin was diagnosed with cancer in his pancreas.

One by one, I'm facing these issues down and not letting them push me to behavior that I know is only destructive to myself.

Up until the emergency surgery and hospital stay, I was continuing to follow my extreme self-care therapy and I can't wait to be released from my Dr. so that I can resume (I can't even take my beloved hot baths at this point with 5 holes in my abdomen) and enhance my self-care regimen.

Next milestone is 30 days…. To all of you who are struggling with the beginning days, stay strong, know that you are the only one that can take care of you and that you can get through anything and still remain strong and sober!

My past run was a mere 9 days, I've been at this for over 2 years. Stay committed to yourself.

"The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are." - Joesph Campbell
Old 09-03-2012, 07:40 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

How did everyone get through their day today?
Old 09-04-2012, 02:35 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  
One Foot in Front of the Other

Pretty well, here, EternalQ...thanks for asking! I had outpatient treatment yesterday, so that was extremely helpful in keeping me on the path. And I practiced riding my motorcycle yesterday morning, which is turning out to be very good for my soul.

All those in the 30 days and under crowd...stick with it! I need your support and fellowship! And for those of you with longer-term sobriety who have been posting in this thread, a sincere thanks, your wisdom and inspiration mean everything to this noob!
Old 09-04-2012, 05:13 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Wth: Your.journeys really help us too. I need to remember what very early sobriety is like. Stay strong, everyone! Stay the course! It is the quickest way through!