Notices

"Bad" news & good news!

Old 08-30-2012, 01:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

"Bad" news & good news!

Hello all!

Okay so the bad news is I left(ran away) from rehab early, I was only there for about 12 days. I couldn't do it. I honestly don't think rehab is for me. Being stuck in one spot, I feel like a caged bird. No matter I talked to counselers and my peers I felt miserable and alone, I ended up hurting myself and that is NOT good, so I left.

The good news is I did NOT relapse and right now I have 15 days sober! I feel like I made much progress because last time I left the first thing I did was go to the pharmacy. And when I walking home I passed many stores/pharmicies that carry my DOC, but I realize I have a choice and I don't need to.

I feel bad about making my parents and family worry but I don't know what would have happened if I stayed.

As of right now I feel pretty good, a little antsy but it will pass. I'm having dinner with my dad and grandparents and then going to an NA meeting.

Hope you are all having a great sober day!

Jake
Old 08-30-2012, 01:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Jake,

Congratulations on 12 days sober. I hope that you decide to continue with your recovery.
Old 08-30-2012, 02:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Sober Alcoholic

Jakec, I don’t think it’s uncommon to have a bad reaction to being confined. You seem to be on the correct path to me. I believe it will be quite important to go to the NA meetings quite often for a while though. My suggestion would be to attend as frequently as you picked up in the past. It’s going to be quite important in the short term. Enjoy your freedom.... from confinement, from the substance, and I hope eventually even from the bondage of self. All the best to you.
Old 08-30-2012, 02:16 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey Jake...I left rehab early myself....I did it because I was paying out of pocket and they refunded me two weeks....I knew I needed to go to AA whether I stayed the whole month or not....So I went and committed myself to working it. I found people that knew how it worked and I had them show me....I'll have 14 months without a drink on Saturday....It can be done if you put in the effort.
Old 08-30-2012, 02:34 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

good to see you back Jake - congrats on your sober time

D
Old 08-30-2012, 03:56 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Jake, I ran from rehab as well in '89. Scared s#!tle$$ and having panic attacks.
One of the group leaders called and said he would get me back in if I returned the next day. I made the choice that if I was going to die it would be on the floor of the recovery home and not on the floor of the bar. I went back the next day and finished my 90 days.

AA is where it's at for me. I needed the 90 days in the "discovery home" to get me prepared.

All the best.

Bob R
Old 08-30-2012, 04:09 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Congrats on the 15 days. Sounds like you weren't running away from your problems when you ditched rehab, and the fact you're headed to an NA meeting is a very good thing.