Notices

Day 1

Old 08-30-2012, 10:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 1

Day 1 of my sobriety. I didn't count yesterday because I was hung over and I feel like that day was affected by alcohol so I'm not counting it.

Going to a meeting tonight, will get some phone numbers. Spent a while last night in the chat room and found some really awesome people there. Thanks for all the support.

Anyway, now is the dangerous time for me - I'm no longer hung over, my boss doesn't seem concerned that I missed work again yesterday, all is right with the world. I'm not tempted to drink today but I will be in a day or so. And it's gotten me every time so far.

Just wanted to make sure I visited today and will every day, whatever I can do to make every day after this one a day that I can be proud of.

Thanks all of you
Old 08-30-2012, 10:14 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congrats. I am glad to hear you are going to a meeting tonight. The more you put into the program the more you will get out. In my experience, it does not take long for the mental obsession with alcohol and the temptations to be lifted from an individual who is active in the program. I wish you the very best.
Old 08-30-2012, 12:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Awesome to hear ...

I spent hours and hours in the chat room for months here. And your right you meet alot of great folks. I became friends with a handfull now over the year or so. Its been fantastic to have people from all over the world together.

Example BBThumper that posted above is going to share his experience, strength, and hope at a meeting for me in Cleveland in Oct. Really kinda met thru here.

Cool stuff, and relax and just have some coffee and listen at the meeting. It will fall in to place.

Good love, Inda
Old 08-30-2012, 12:21 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

stick with us and hang in there. Say you have gotten a nasty somache bug to boss. Nothing is more important then sobriety. Your laying the foundation for the rest of your sober life. Dont sweat the little stuff even a job at this point,call your boss and talk to him/her. Staying sober is number one then everything will fall into place. This is comng from a 2 days sober fool. I dont have a lot of time sober but hang in there it can only get better!!!!

Hang in there!
Old 08-30-2012, 12:23 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by backbeat View Post

Going to a meeting tonight, will get some phone numbers.
Excellent, that has worked for me for nearly 24 yrs. You will meet some great people.

All the best.

Bob R
Old 08-30-2012, 12:31 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Anyway, now is the dangerous time for me - I'm no longer hung over, my boss doesn't seem concerned that I missed work again yesterday, all is right with the world. I'm not tempted to drink today but I will be in a day or so. And it's gotten me every time so far....

Backbeat, this thought process was very dangerous for me. I used to binge drink, then scramble the next day to figure out what I did and cover/clean up anything that needed it... Always got away with all of my stupid stuff, so i never was forced to deal with my alcoholism...then I messed up beyond repair on a business trip... Finally caught up to me and I realized I had no control my drinking and needed help. 40 odd days sober and I feel great. The "phew" moments are over and I can now focus on positive and productive stuff. Welcome and best wishes...
Old 08-30-2012, 12:34 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thank you

Originally Posted by IndaMiricale View Post
Awesome to hear ...

I spent hours and hours in the chat room for months here. And your right you meet alot of great folks. I became friends with a handfull now over the year or so. Its been fantastic to have people from all over the world together.

Example BBThumper that posted above is going to share his experience, strength, and hope at a meeting for me in Cleveland in Oct. Really kinda met thru here.

Cool stuff, and relax and just have some coffee and listen at the meeting. It will fall in to place.

Good love, Inda
Old 08-30-2012, 12:41 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Yep that's been me. I've been at my job 15 years. Numerous promotions, raises, and all doing a job that I taught myself; I was a role model. That was back when I was sober. In the past five years I've reduced myself from an overachiever and a leader to a disheveled joke full of excuses for being absent - mentally, physically or both. My hangovers are a "stomach virus" or "food poisoning". My "car is in the shop" more times than I can count. And there's always "an accident" or "construction" causing me to be an hour late for work when I can't get out of bed but can't stay home because I was just out a few days before... always due to binge drinking.

Originally Posted by Needsassistance View Post
Anyway, now is the dangerous time for me - I'm no longer hung over, my boss doesn't seem concerned that I missed work again yesterday, all is right with the world. I'm not tempted to drink today but I will be in a day or so. And it's gotten me every time so far....

Backbeat, this thought process was very dangerous for me. I used to binge drink, then scramble the next day to figure out what I did and cover/clean up anything that needed it... Always got away with all of my stupid stuff, so i never was forced to deal with my alcoholism...then I messed up beyond repair on a business trip... Finally caught up to me and I realized I had no control my drinking and needed help. 40 odd days sober and I feel great. The "phew" moments are over and I can now focus on positive and productive stuff. Welcome and best wishes...
Old 08-30-2012, 12:43 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Have a great meeting Backbeat!....Best thing I ever did!!
Old 08-30-2012, 12:58 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Backbeat, day 1? You are FANTASTIC. Congratulations.
Old 08-30-2012, 01:02 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Do keep logging in here on SR, every day. I've been doing it for five weeks and it's helped immensely!

Best wishes,
~b