Notices

I am an alcoholic..

Old 08-30-2012, 07:35 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kyleg View Post
Does anyone have experience with the Phellowship on Phish lot? Or has anyone attended music festivals and stayed sober? I know it's possible, I've seen it done. Those are both rather large parts of my life that I don't think I can let go
Good News!! You don't have to let it go... I am older so I am more of a Dead Head and there is the Wharf Rats... they fly yellow balloons at festivals... We do have a few people here on SR who like the Jam Bands and like to go to festivals, as do I. Music is huge in my life and it has only gotten better and better...

I have been to a couple of music fests since I've recovered and I have just as good a time, maybe better, as everyone else.

You are not alone....

Old 08-30-2012, 07:54 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Thanks Mark...

That's very comforting to know. Good thing festival season is just about over, all the really good ones around me have passed at least and it doesn't look like Phish is doing a fall tour so not too much temptation there. A nice reward to a sober winter could be a couple of epic, and sober, shows next summer though! I did the first leg of the tour this summer and literally had to listen to the recordings to remember the whole show. Sad.

Do you ride too? I'm very excited to get back on and put some miles on my Fuji.

btw...I'm way more into the Dead than Phish, it's just...well, Trey's still alive...ya know. Never had a chance to see Jerry play in person, but have watched lots of old recordings and seen 'The Dead' without Jerry and it's just not the same. I'm a big pre Keith (I'll take the first twoish years, before he goes south and Donna gets loud) and a huge Mydland era fan...if you ever wanna trade recordings, I have lots, all board, all digital, vault style..
Old 08-30-2012, 08:22 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Sure!!! I tend to agree with you regarding the eras of GD.. I like the Pig Pen era myself... Feb 13 and 14 at Fillmore East 1970... But 5/8/77 is aweful good, even with Donna's "singing"...In fact I was just listening to 2/13/70 today. Killer China Cat>Rider. And, actually there are a couple of shows I am looking for. I have found that listening to those shows gets me where I want to be, stone sober!!!

Trey is recovered you know!

I will say the first few months, I listened to a lot of new (for me) music instead of the music I listened to while active... But it didn't take long to start to really listen to music and enjoy... sometimes for the first time, again.

Welcome to SR Kyle !! It gets better, this recovery thing, seriously.

Oh yea, I ride a lot. It's my 55th b-day (I told you I was old, LOL) and to celebrate, I rode 55 miles today... I had the day off and it was awesome.
Old 08-30-2012, 09:24 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Right on fellow head here

I never was at a show sober except when I was young. My first show was on my first birthday 09/03/71 Boulder CO.

But I saw the sober people and know it exists , cant wait to check it out ..

Good love, Inda aka I need a miracle