Notices

2 week binge

Old 09-06-2012, 04:28 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

The Salvation Army has many different free de tox and treatment centers.

My adult son lives in one in OK and he hitch hiked
there from MO.

Takeing those meds while drinking is very dangerous .I'm
thinking you do need assistance for de toxing.

Hope you will soon quit and stay stopped..
Welcome..
Old 09-06-2012, 08:09 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Loneowolf your are not alone. Look at all the people on this forum who don't even know you yet they love you and want to help you.you can do it. You posted on this forum so that must mean that you still have hope for yourself. I believe as others have said that you do need some serious detox, followed by outpatient therapy. I'm sorry I'm not in your area to know of any free resources but there must be some. Maybe others will know. And AA is free. I am new to this forum but have been reading it for about a month before I had the guts to join. Just know you are not alone in this and we are all pulling for you! Please keep posting.
Old 09-06-2012, 08:18 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

The first thing you have to do is stop drinking. You have to be willing to do whatever it takes. If that means county detox, find your county detox. If that means the ER, go to the ER. Nothing will change though if you don't put the bottle down and get that first sober day under your belt.
Old 09-06-2012, 08:28 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lonewolf68 View Post
but its so hard, when its so easy to just spend $6 on a bottle and all the pain goes away
But the pain doesn't go away. If you really think about it, I bet you'll find you are in no less pain even with the booze in your veins. You know you do have to stop and it sounds like you really need some medical help fast. I'd take hospital/prison over continuing to feel the way you are feeling.

Could you at least make an appointment with a doctor? Have someone drive you and go no matter what, even if you are plastered? If you refuse to do rehab, maybe at least you can get some medical help.

Fight for your life and your sobriety first, then you can fight for your family.
Old 09-06-2012, 08:32 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Practice Sobriety

try to an AA meeting and start small. REAL Small
Old 09-06-2012, 10:52 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Start by going to a detox treatment center and get yourself detox. Next you should try to find out if you really want help with your alcohol problem. If so then looking into all the recovery programs and see which one will work best for you. Good luck!
Old 09-15-2012, 06:18 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

ok, its now turned into maybe a month tried to stop the past couple days and it was terrible, the shakes, I could hardly stand up, and now having the beer to feel better just makes me throw up, am dizzy, I hate to go to the hospital Ive been before and its aweful has to be better than this, Im actually pretty scared for once.... Help
Old 09-15-2012, 06:22 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

That's pretty much where I was lonewolf68....Sick and terrified.....I had to do two simple things.....Get cleaned up safely...Not on my own.....And committ to a recovery program when I did...Also not on my own. You're proof of what they say...This gets worse...Never better.
Old 09-15-2012, 06:40 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Get to AA, & get your miserable ass sorted out at the Docs.
Old 09-15-2012, 06:47 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Please get medical assistance with this. I can't believe they sent you home last time! That pisses me off. This time, make sure they know how much you've been drinking EVERY day, and how shaky you've been. That's a major sign that you should not detox without medical supervision. I was the same way... I think I'd be dead or in a coma if I hadn't detoxed in a medical setting. Please go. Dry out, stay as long as they'll let you, get out and get to an AA meeting immediately. If you get and stay sober, things will come together. Also, the court will be MUCH more sympathetic if you have taken these measures.
Old 09-15-2012, 07:03 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Are you resistant to the ideas you've been offered here? Have you tried any of them? You could pick one idea to try....what do you have to lose? How old is your son?
Old 09-15-2012, 07:14 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

He is only 7 and im missing so much with his cub scouts and partys and cook outs...
Old 09-15-2012, 07:17 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

You're going to have to make some kind of effort lonewolf68....This isn't just going to happen by itself....I guess the question is....How bad do you want it? What are you willing to do?
Old 09-15-2012, 06:01 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

I'm sure your son misses you too and would love to have you with him at these special events. Pick one of these ideas and try it for yourself and your son.
Old 09-15-2012, 06:06 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Administrator

I know it's a pain in the butt, but if we want to change our life, we need to make changes lonewolf...

like pondlady says, there's a lot of good ideas here.
I think it's time to start thinking about what you're prepared to do?

D
Old 09-30-2012, 08:45 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

well I did it, checked into the hospital. got detoxed, see my therapist on tuesday. the hard part now is dealing with the damage Ive created. My wife is so hurt she hardly talks to me, says she needs time and space but yet is out every weekend posting smiling pics on facebook like she isnt hurt at all while I sit at home and cry. Its hard to leave her alone when I miss her so much. I also have almost no support system for my emotions. I know go to AA, I will try. Thanks for everyone out there for the support you have shown me....
Old 09-30-2012, 10:37 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lonewolf68 View Post
well I did it, checked into the hospital. got detoxed, see my therapist on tuesday. the hard part now is dealing with the damage Ive created. My wife is so hurt she hardly talks to me, says she needs time and space but yet is out every weekend posting smiling pics on facebook like she isnt hurt at all while I sit at home and cry. Its hard to leave her alone when I miss her so much. I also have almost no support system for my emotions. I know go to AA, I will try. Thanks for everyone out there for the support you have shown me....

One of the best things about AA is that you will quickly make friends there (more likely than not) and they will be your support system.

You can actually just go to a meeting tonight. Meetings are NOT scary once you're there. Deciding to go and riding there (or driving there if you can) is the bad part. Once you're there, it's easy peasy.

It will make you feel better, not worse.

I'm glad you went through medical detox. My mom did that about 10 years ago and said the experience, while not fun, wasn't as horrible as she'd imagined it would be. Hopefully your experience was similar.

Good luck. Keep posting. Go to an AA meeting ASAP. Like, today. You won't regret it, I promise.
Old 09-30-2012, 10:58 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Brilliant news Lonewolf.

You need to let your wife be for the time being, like you said she is hurting and possibly wants to see you suffer, use the next few weeks to put your self in a better place.

Good luck lonewolf x