Notices

Looking for My Appetite?

Old 08-28-2012, 06:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Looking for My Appetite?

I'm now on day 25 and wondering when I will get an appetite again?

With the name SlimSlim, it should go without saying that I am underweight. My doctor has me on muli-vitamins and B complex vitamins and has recommended that I drink Ensure 3 times a day. I have no appetite and have not gained any weight.

My body has finally adjusted to the iron in the vitamins; I've always had iron rich blood, so the iron really bunged me up for a while.

Metalchick and stevie1, I saw that you posted about this earlier this summer. Have things changed for you yet?

I'm embarassed by how skinny I am. I need to gain probably 30 pounds. Today I have a mammogram scheduled and it is going to be more like a manogram...lol.

PS- For people who struggle with trying to lose weight, those of us on the other end have just as much of a struggle.

Old 08-28-2012, 07:05 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Slimslim I'm in exactly the same boat as you....When I was drinking I would never eat and my weight dropped to 115lbs...I looked like a skeleton and lots of people commented...Since quitting I have threw myself into a good gym routine and my appetite came back after about 3 days....I am now eating a good meal at least 5 times a day and also eating a lot of snacks....I also have 2 protein and weight gain shakes a day and I have managed to get my weight up to 140lbs and none of it is fat I'm pleased to say....If you are confused about my sober date,I quit in June originally and had 2 one day slips since then,so all in all my weight gain has come on over a period of 2/3 months....Just try eating smaller meals more often....It has worked for me......
Old 08-28-2012, 07:30 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Zee

I was very thin before I gave up Slim, this was because I didn't eat for about 2 months before I was hospitalized. Just couldn't stomach it. It took a while to get my appetite back. I just ate what I fancied for a while to gain the weight... this included alot of muffins and chocolate. I also threw in a main meal now and then I am happy to say that I am at normal weight and I wobble around my tummy (big achievement for me!) I am at the stage of thinking about eating more healthily as I don't want to gain too much weight, just maintain what I have. I am a really fussy eater so its going to be interesting. Its funny too because none of my bras fitted me anymore, I also had no need for one (pancake springs to mind!), it was a bit embarrasing, but they have come back as my hormones are normalizing. Just try and eat little bits here and there, thats what I did