Notices

Is there a peace that surpasses understanding?

Old 08-29-2012, 04:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Is there a peace that surpasses understanding?

Maybe I am starting to get this "peace that surpasses understanding" thing. I am grateful to be able to be comfortable, be content, be peaceful,.......just "be".
Life is life and I am ok with that. I am me and I am ok with that.

Don't misunderstand. I am not living in some make-believe fantasy world. Some days are bad, some are good, some feel like just treading water but today I am peaceful. I am one that typically stresses and worries over things. Somewhat of a perfectionist mentality which is certainly contrary to peaceful thinking so this truly does surpass my understanding. I have done nothing to deserve it. It doesn't come from anything I have done. It just Is.

Thanks to everyone on this site. You have been such a help to me. Most of you don't even know it but your stories and experiences have an impact on many. Wishing you all a peaceful evening.
Old 08-29-2012, 04:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

That is a good post! Eckhart Tolle says that accepting what IS, will be the only way to achieve peace. He explains that what is, may not be labelled good by you. But accepting what is, will clear your mind and enable you to move forward with your life.
Old 08-29-2012, 04:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

I'm glad you're finding that peace. It's a wonderful thing for us perfectionists to just slow down and let life be. A relief after the chaos of drinking.
Old 08-29-2012, 06:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I totally understand what you are referring to. Some days this peace comes without no obvious rhythm or reason.
Yesterday I read SR, listened to Eckhart Tolle went to an AA meeting. By putting systems in place I feel I prepare the ground for that peace to manifest itself..

CaiHong
Old 08-29-2012, 08:03 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
12-Step Recovered Alkie

Originally Posted by Happier View Post
Maybe I am starting to get this "peace that surpasses understanding" thing
Awesome......!!!

IMO, peace can REPLACE understanding.

I neeeeeever would have believed that to be possible before getting sober and working on my recovery. I see proof of it every day now.....
Old 08-29-2012, 08:23 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Awesome post, thank you. I was just considering this matter today. There is so much I don't understand and I have learned to find peace in it. Progress not perfection .

For me to find this peace it has been important for me to trust my Higher Power and keep an ongoing inventory.
Old 08-30-2012, 05:13 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Like others, I have also often experienced such peace in sobriety, and attribute it to my sobriety allowing the Holy Spirit to manifest in my life. When I was drinking, I was Edging God Out (EGO) of my life through my behaviors. Sobriety is a God-pleasing behavior in my life, and I interpret that awesome peace as part of the reward. I believe it's awesomely described in AA's Promises. Even more, awesomely experienced. Glad you've found it!