Notices

30 days sober...Almost

Old 08-27-2012, 12:04 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

30 days sober...Almost

I was sober almost 30 days...then..what was it..life? children? work? responsiblity? Or was it just the fact that I enjoy feeling out of control..the buzz that i get? The fact that when I drink the only person I care about is me?..My hurt, my feeling, my pain, my dissapointment! This list could go longer and longer..How can I go so far and then fall right back to this same place??!! I just want to be who I know I can be (but why does this keep calling me back!!)JESUS!!
Old 08-27-2012, 12:07 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey BlueRain...I don't know what you are doing for your recovery...But keep trying until something works....It takes effort....Anything good in life does.
Old 08-27-2012, 12:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi BlueRain

I'm sorry you faltered but most of us know how you feel. The important thing is you're back, trying.

The trick is to think of what else you can add to what you've been doing so far....
what was your recovery plan this time?

D
Old 08-27-2012, 12:44 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Blue, I know you're disappointed right now, but I encourage you to hold on to the many successes of this last month: Your physical fitness, how you felt when those around you saw you making a change, etc. I won't other things that you and I talked about here but the point is that while you've faltered of late you've gotten a lot of stuff right these last 30 days.

I know that you can learn from what worked and what didn't this past month and then try anew, when you're ready.

We will be here and we will be pulling for you, as always! x
Old 08-27-2012, 12:47 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Morning Bluerain

I think most of us know how you feel, I know I do. Easier said than done, but you can't change yesterday, you have to learn from it, put it behind you and move on. today's another day.

Falling down isn't failing, staying down is failing.

You can do this and we are all here to help you. I'm only on day 9 myself ( again) so still learning.

Big hugs

Gxxx
Old 08-27-2012, 07:20 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
fgo

Dee74.. My heart goes out to you. Today is a new day maybe it is time to try a different plan? I am at 4 weeks today, i try not to count. I do know that my whole life turned into a so called trigger twords the end of my drinking. I had to realize that it wasnt me that wanted the drink, only then could i identify the fellings i had before i picked up. Now when i get those thoughts and feelings i can smile and put them aside. Nothing worth while is easy, and everyone on this site knows quitting is the most worthwhile thing we can do.
Old 08-27-2012, 07:26 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
fgo

Sorry that was meant to be to bluerain. But, after being on sr for awhile it seems most all of the posts are for everyone. I try to take something good from everything i read here.
Old 08-27-2012, 07:52 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

29 ? day stretch sober

I think you've nearly got it , let's get up and get to it .. I'll try and stay sober today as well, maybe tommorow it will seem like the last throws of a dieing habbit .

bestwishes, M
Old 08-27-2012, 08:02 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

One step back, two steps forward! One foot in front of the other. You can do this. You have already proven to yourself that you can do this. Let's leave yesterday where it is and move into today. We are here for you.
On many occasions, I have fallen into a glass or two....a bottle. I know where you are at. I am going to have a alcohol free day. What about you?