Notices

Need a little sanity

Old 08-26-2012, 07:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Need a little sanity

Hi i have no idea how to use this forum, I have been a codeine addict for some 10 years now. I have BPD and i think thats why i like to self medicate. I have no support and my bf he does not know what im going through. Ever since Ive started to dry out I'm constantly cleaning and cooking for my son and bf. They both know that Im trying to get straight but it is so hard and i feel like giving in as Im expected to slave after them and get my self better. Its day 6 for me but i feel no better. Im stuck here and feel like crying and beating my fists against the wall or self harming. How much longer must i feel like this? Im sorry for all my complaining but i have nowhere else to vent.....
Old 08-27-2012, 09:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR!!

You have posted on the friends and family board. If you post in some of the boards that are up top like "New to recovery" you will find more people to help and respond. This is a great site and there are alot of people who can offer years of knowledge to you.

I hope you find it helpful!
Old 08-27-2012, 09:42 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I have moved your thread to Newcomers for you.

I hope that you start to feel better. One thing I know, is that stopping the drug/alcohol is the first step, and that's when the hard work begins because we need to deal with everything we've been numbing away. Are you able to talk to your dr about your BPD? It's very hard for others to understand what we're going through, so this is a good place to vent.
Old 08-27-2012, 03:04 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome to SR lishalasha

I know it can be very isolating sometimes trying to get clean and caring for a family as well.

Have you thought of trying to find some outside support - speaking with a Dr, getting some counselling, or checking a recovery group.

Speaking with a Dr might be a good idea - if you've been taking nurofen or something like it with paracetamol in it, it's best to get checked out, just to be sure all is well.

I'm not a South Australian but I know there's a few avenues for support down there?

If you're worried about your, or someone else's drug use - phone the Alcohol and Drug Information Serviceon: 1300 13 1340. South Australian callers only pay a local call fee and the service is available anytime of day or night.

Need Help

D
Old 08-27-2012, 03:51 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Type this "narcotics anonymous Adelaide" into Google and start clicking,,,,

You'll find all the sanity you need there dispensed "one day at a time". Take all you want.

All the best.

Bob R