Notices

I have hit rock bottom

Old 08-27-2012, 01:37 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by melberholtz View Post
I am familiar to the blackout scene. Can't say I was productive like you. I would say things I would never say sober and then not remember them. I would wake in the morning and think everything was fine, until my wife woke and filled me in about the night before. All I'm saying is, it happens. Take it for what it is (a definite sign that your drinking is progressing). It takes a lot of energy (mental, physical & emotional) to drink to blackout. Further, a tremendous amount of energy is expended the next day worrying about what we have done and stressing on it. Find a positive outlet to consume that energy. You should have a large array of hobbies to choose from. I know I did, since I put so many on hold to focus 100% on drinking.

Best of luck!
Holy Mother of God, this sounds like me! In my first post on this forum I declared that I had never drank to a blackout stage because I thought that meant passing out. Well, I stand corrected! I have done exactly what you said you did. It's so embarassing! It even got to the point that when I was sober and wanted to tell my husband something funny that happened at work, I would choose not to say anything for fear I had already told him while drunk but didn't remember. This is yet another wake up call for me.
Old 08-27-2012, 03:07 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

The last time I said 'I mean it', I really did. Never took another sip. Glad you hear from you - we know you can do this.
Old 08-27-2012, 03:11 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Me too, I thought black outs meant passing out too. O.M.G I've had them too then! My speciality was inviting people to barbeques etc at mine then wandering why they turned up here a week later, uninvited!!!

O.M.G

Gx
Old 08-27-2012, 04:03 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Change4good,
Take some literature with you on alcoholism, I suggest the BB. Immerse yourself in a program of some sorts.
I am sorry I had to laugh when I read your post. Most people get up to mischief when they blackout.
Love
CaiHong
Old 08-27-2012, 04:55 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

I hope you use the vacation to live out your name, change4good. I know you can do it, and it sounds like you want it! Godspeed!
Old 08-27-2012, 08:08 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Sobriety date 12/19/2011

I always felt like I wasn't "there". I am still having fleeting thoughts about it after 8 months of sobriety, but they are getting better. I don't know why I feel it, but I do. It sometimes feels like I am living outside of my body. I am ungrounded like. I am still struggling with it, but with sobriety I can feel the changes start.
I can't give up now, I am having too much fun in sobriety. I am 42 and I "get it". I wish I was 24 and got it!!!
Old 08-27-2012, 08:27 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Re-Tread

Sucks to hear you are struggling C4G. I know you will pull through this hard time.

Dont give up. Were out here pulling for you!