Notices

Can't get back on the wagon

Old 08-26-2012, 07:30 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Can't get back on the wagon

Well once again I blacked out from Monday all the way to Thursday and found my room in a state I had no idea how it got that way. My dad took my key again for my car, found my wallet and phone after extensive search of my room and...this has been the recurring theme for me for the last almost two years now.

I'm heading north (Northern Minnesota, actually) to get away to my aunt's and help them harvest their garden and do some other work for them as they are getting old now and need some extra hands. Hopefully I'll be up there for close to a week.

Anyway, my parents really want me to get into treatment once I get back (Twin Town) and they've said that it seems like a million times now and they always fold and aren't proactive. I wanna blow my brains out I'm so sick of this shi-.

Just wanted to post this.
Old 08-26-2012, 07:31 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

omg, i hope you get better soon, do what ever you can to help yourself, i dont even know you but im so worried for you right now.

good luck, i know you can do this
Old 08-26-2012, 07:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I don't recommend blowing your brains out. But taking steps to address your drinking is probably wise. I've been a fairly accomplished drinker in my time and a four-day, no-memory bender would be cause for alarm to even my drunkest iteration. Also we live in the same town and I kinda fear for my life if you are out there driving around.

Sounds like you recognize the problem, that's step one, doing something about it is the next step.
Old 08-26-2012, 08:01 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Helping your elderly Aunt and Uncle is really admireable. I'm sure you are considering how drinking excessively would be a horrific situation for all of you. What pro-active steps have you implemented to address your alcohol intake? When we get sick and tired of our actions and consequences we take positive measures to break the cycle. A plan of attack on your part might be a really good place to start. God bless and good luck.
Old 08-26-2012, 08:30 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Notmyrealname View Post
I don't recommend blowing your brains out. But taking steps to address your drinking is probably wise. I've been a fairly accomplished drinker in my time and a four-day, no-memory bender would be cause for alarm to even my drunkest iteration. Also we live in the same town and I kinda fear for my life if you are out there driving around.

Sounds like you recognize the problem, that's step one, doing something about it is the next step.
Oh believe me when I rolled my last car (right on the cloverleaf over there on 36 and 61, Maplewood) I did learn a very hard lesson that night - lost about $12K that night). I actually give my dad my keys quite often now if I am feeling shaky or otherwise try to high tail it to Hudson on a Sunday or whatever.

I seriously am not a habitual drunk-driver but sometimes when on a bender when I wake up the next day I would (past tense noted) drive in the morning, so there could be some still in my system.

Originally Posted by nonblondechef View Post
Helping your elderly Aunt and Uncle is really admireable. I'm sure you are considering how drinking excessively would be a horrific situation for all of you. What pro-active steps have you implemented to address your alcohol intake? When we get sick and tired of our actions and consequences we take positive measures to break the cycle. A plan of attack on your part might be a really good place to start. God bless and good luck.
I've been to treatment for a couple weeks two times, one court ordered and another on my own. This time I was looking into trying a "health realization" style - last time in detox the guy sort of told me about that style which I had not heard about. Other than that, I was working hoping that would sober me up but I lost the job because I couldn't stay sober.