Notices

First post

Old 08-25-2012, 09:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

First post

I just left a man I have spent ten years with. His addiction started to overwhelm our life together about three years ago. He kept it secret until it was obvious so I don't really know how long he has been using. He doesn't have a drug of choice he just uses anything he can get. The last two years together has been very painfully. He pawned everything we owned of value, lost a job most people would love to have. He locked me out of our bedroom so that he could use. I caught he getting high with a bottom shelf stripper.

This is man who helped me raise my kids up to this point or at least he was. I just finally realized I couldn't save him but I could save my save myself and my children.

The week after I moved out he already had another woman staying at was our house. I am in so much pain and I am so mad. I wasted ten years of my life with a man who time after time chose a crack pipe over me.

I still love him but he has destroyed his life. He has lost so much weight and his face is sunk in.I worry about him so much. He won't contact me and I'm not showing up at the house with some other woman there. I don't know how to move on. I don't know how to make myself stop loving him. I feel so alone.
Everyone keeps telling me to be strong I'm better off without him. They just don't understand how strong I have had to be over the last two years. I feel alone and lost in the world without him
Old 08-25-2012, 09:17 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

So sorry to hear all of this. It sounds like such a hard situation.
You are not alone. You will find lots of people on this site with very similar experiences.
There a lots of great folks and lots of valuable posts in many forums. You might want to check out the "Friends and Family" forum which is likely where you will find other similar stories. Wishing you all the best.
Old 08-25-2012, 09:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR brokenheart2012....I'm sorry for what you are going through....I'm an alcoholic and I put a beautiful woman through hell with my drinking....I think her leaving me was one of the main pieces of the puzzle I needed to finally get the help I had to get. It's a horrible thing for everyone when a substance gets it's claws into you like that...It's not the same person. For myself....Nobody could help me till I was ready to help myself.
We have a great Friends and family members of substance abusers forum here...Maybe do some reading there....And cut and paste your story there...You'll get some great support....You could also see if they have Nar Anon meetings in your area...For face to face support...Glad you are here...I pray for strength for you.

Friends and Family of Substance Abusers - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information
Old 08-29-2012, 08:06 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi BrokenHeart. Have things gotten any better?
Did you get a chance to look through the Friends and Family forum?
Hope everything is ok. Keep us posted.
Old 08-29-2012, 08:09 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Hello and Welcome ...