Notices

Need help =(

Old 08-26-2012, 10:58 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hrich1122 View Post
I can't help but think that now he does possibly believe that I'm going to stay sober so he has to change is stance. I think he's used my alcoholism as a pinning board for all of my problems...if there's an issue its easier to blame her and her drinking rather than take responsability and deal with them.
I can't really blame you for thinking that....It wouldn't be the first time that happened. When you say he has no intention of fighting you for the kids....Do you mean he doesn't want any part of them? And also...While you are figuring out your action plan...I wish you would at least try an AA meeting or two...Look up a women's meeting in your area...Call up the local helpline and ask where one is....Connect with some people that know and understand what you are going through....It's free...And it won't hurt you...I promise you that.
Old 08-26-2012, 11:32 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

He origionaly said he was going to take the kids from me. Now he's saying he's not. Its all strange

I didn't know there were all woman meetings! I will def call about that.
Old 08-26-2012, 11:36 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hrich1122 View Post
Its all strange
You have alcohol on both sides of the fence here....You can't really expect anything else....Yeah they have women's only meetings...I recommend those to start for you.....And keep checking here and let us know how you are doing...Surround yourself with support....This is a lot easier when you don't do it alone.
Old 08-26-2012, 11:40 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Do you know where this is?....It's on Wednesday at 6:00pm.

Spanaway Women's Group
Spanaway Hall
21012 Mountain Hway. E. (WA-7)//
211th St. Ct. E. ©
Old 08-27-2012, 12:23 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

What do YOU want Hrich?This all seems about your husband. Put yourself first, get sober. If the divorce goes ahead you will surely be entitled to half the assets, plus maintenance. I agree with others,see a lawyer to find out your rights,rather than just waiting for your husband to make all the decisions/call all the shots.good luck
Old 08-27-2012, 12:42 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Morning Hrich1222

Just a quick hello to give you my support.

With our without your husband you have to look after youself first, that has to be your priority to look after yourself and get yourself better. Time is a great healer and what's meant to be will be.

We are all here to hold your hand.

Big hugs

Gxx
Old 08-27-2012, 07:21 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

I want to be sober above all. I feel great when I'm sober. I know I can deal with the stress of everything else while I am. Its not all about my husband but he sure is a huge part of my life.

I do know where that meeting location is. Its actually right down the street. I went to an open one there a few weeks ago and felt terribly out of place. Ill try the womans and see!

Thank you all for your support.
Old 08-27-2012, 07:29 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Awesome....Maybe that's the meeting you're meant to go to. Enjoy it hrich...Reach out to the ladies.