Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

Good Morning, enjoy the day.. Its the only August 22,12 we got..

Notices

Old 08-22-2012, 03:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Good Morning to all from day 1 to years. So happy and blessed once again to have awoke sober and had the peace and serenity to meditate and read this morning.

When I was drinking I rarely thought of helping others, I always thought I did and I was such a nice guy for it. But, as sobriety keeps coming and I keep learning from it. I am reflecting that as tho I was and am I kind caring person, I wasnt so then. I only helped when it was convenient and condusive to me. I always like to buy drinks for people , but only because it made me feel like a "big shot". But in turn I only used people for my own pleasure.

To really go out and help somebody who needed help I thought about but never came into action. All talk till the bottle took away the memory of that thought. But since coming in to AA I truly began to not only help myself but to help others . And in that I always knew that it made me happy but, had no idea really how good it feels. And also it has become my foundation to help me stay sober.

So with that each day I promise to help myself and do at least one kind thing for someone else. And have learned the key to that is helping without ever telling anyone you did.

I hope all enjoy another sober 24hrs, and those new or stuggling please just hang in there a moment at a time. And get yourself a program I obviously use AA , but we do not hold the monopoly on sobriety . So find something you can believe in and grab on to it, for it shall save you and make your life wonderful.

Good love Inda
Old 08-22-2012, 04:34 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I love that post IndaMiricale. I like your promise to help yourself and do at least one kind thing to help someone else each day. I like it that much that I'm going to try it myself.

Gxxx
Old 08-22-2012, 04:51 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Grace and I hope you enjoy your day....
Old 08-22-2012, 12:36 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you!
Old 08-22-2012, 05:55 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Nice post, Inda. When I was drinking I felt very self involved, but now I have the energy and time to think about others and how I can be there for them. I like the idea of doing something every day to help someone else!
Old 08-22-2012, 06:12 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you Inda. This post really speaks to me today, as I have been owning just how selfish I was in my alcoholism. A hard thing to own, but it's true! Better to own it then to continue to deny it.

So with that each day I promise to help myself and do at least one kind thing for someone else. And have learned the key to that is helping without ever telling anyone you did.

Good stuff. Words to live by.
Old 08-22-2012, 06:39 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Awesome post, awesome friend!! Love, T