Notices

I need help

Old 08-21-2012, 10:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I need help

My name is penny, I am a mother of four and grandmother of seven, I have been on opiates for three years due to severe nerve pain I have non-stop 24/7 pain until I sleep and at that time I feel no pain.
I want to get off the Oxycodone. However; every time I try to taper down I end up taking them more and more, because of my severe nerve pain.

Does anyone have any suggestions how to succeed?

Kind regards
Old 08-21-2012, 10:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
12-Step Recovered Alkie

Lot's of experience and recovery from just what you described down at: Narcotics Addiction-12 Step Support - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

Get help from ppl who understand what you're going through, have been there themselves, and have gotten free from those same issues.
Old 08-21-2012, 10:42 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Welcome penny -

I'm sorry for your struggles, but glad you decided to join us..... Admittedly, you're in a tough spot because you need some kind of pain relief. Have you talked to your doctor about alternatives, or even different meds for your pain?

I found that, when I couldn't stop drinking on my own, the support here helped motivate me to get sober and keep at it, one day at a time. As you're looking around, I hope you check out the substance abuse part of our forum, too:
Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

Old 08-21-2012, 10:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

penny55, go to your doctor and talk about this problem you have. They may give you something to help with the pain after getting off the Oxycodone. But are you sure it's pain that keeps you using or is it the addiction?