Notices

ugh I remember this

Old 08-22-2012, 10:53 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by candi7 View Post
If I have really hard days I go to more meetings, but I found in the first 1-2 months I had to journal till the crap got out of my head. It's really hard at work when we sober up... keep your head up and run to an AA meeting...
Yup going to another meeting at 7 PM tonight and made plans to go with a friend so I won't bail at the last minute. Did yoga at noon and feel marginally improved. Functioning at 47% capacity BEEP BOOP A DOOP
Old 08-22-2012, 11:04 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

I know for me part of it is the frustration of things not happening faster. I feel like quitting even for 5 weeks is a big deal for me, so I should feel better. Many days I have felt healthier, more energetic, and feel the "old me" returning. Then there are those other days when I'm tired, cranky, impatient, and like you said, functioning at 47%. That aggravates me big time. That's when the AV kicks in the loudest too, just to add to the fun. I think we have to keep saying "this too shall pass" and do anything we can to distract ourselves.

Good for you for doing yoga, I bet that's great for calming down. I plan to add exercise "one of these days"
Old 08-22-2012, 11:12 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NoFireWater View Post
I know for me part of it is the frustration of things not happening faster. I feel like quitting even for 5 weeks is a big deal for me, so I should feel better. Many days I have felt healthier, more energetic, and feel the "old me" returning. Then there are those other days when I'm tired, cranky, impatient, and like you said, functioning at 47%. That aggravates me big time. That's when the AV kicks in the loudest too, just to add to the fun. I think we have to keep saying "this too shall pass" and do anything we can to distract ourselves.

Good for you for doing yoga, I bet that's great for calming down. I plan to add exercise "one of these days"
Yeah I ran 5 miles last night and tomorrow weights before the AM meeting hopefully. I'm afraid the old me is no better and maybe even worse than the addict me. So short tempered.
Old 08-23-2012, 06:19 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Weeelllll it's day 23 today. Was planning to relapse last night by the time I got on the train in the evening but fortunately I had plans pick up a friend who'd lost her license and go to a meeting together. Figured I could drink after that but by the time we were done the urge was gone.

Mood is cranked up and wacky today and who knows what I may do or say WOOOOOOOO
Old 08-23-2012, 06:33 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Yup. Can totally relate. Entering week #3....
Old 08-25-2012, 05:59 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Progriss reeport:

Day 25 OMGWTFROFLCOPTER. Went to usual meeting this morning but couldn't stay too restless. Went home and furiously cleaned the house. Think maybe the monster java energy drinks every morning with tobacco are starting to get to me. YA YOU THINK YOU SO MAYBE DUMBASS? Should be common sense but I guess it's a stealth surrogate addiction. OK gotta go polish my shoes or something! Good day to you all sirs and madams.