Notices

and so it begins!

Old 08-20-2012, 06:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

and so it begins!

Visiting rock botom again each time seems easier less and less to loose, lfts are through the roof again fighting with wife constantly i am not loosing anymore from this day forth , have been trying meetings rehab ect since i was 23 am now 35 alcohol has ruined my life it is in control of me and i am glad rock bottom is visiting , my children only know a drunk dad i want to appreciate my time ahead sober, i have depresion 100% through drinking nervousnes am delusional very paranoid i am in perth australia, i would love for some guidance and help for the journey ahead.
Old 08-20-2012, 06:54 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I surrendered to the program of Alcoholics Anonymous. It's worked for over 23 yrs.

All the best.

Bob R
Old 08-20-2012, 07:02 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Sobriety date 12/19/2011

My father died from alcoholism when he was 38, in 1985. I have finally found my serenity in AA. I have been in and out since I was 16 and it finally just stuck this time around. I now have 8 months and I am so much happier. I have been on anti-depressants, have contemplated suicide, thought I was bipolar, I cried all the time, etc.... Now I am a happy human being, living the life that I always dreamed of. Sober for 8 months, I am still a newbie, but I did it through AA and with my sponsor. I hope you can find your serenity.
Old 08-20-2012, 07:04 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I will look up my local AA have a feeling it was tuesday nights might be very lucky
Old 08-21-2012, 11:08 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Day 2 awake allready persistant dihorea clamy skin and itchy all over have had 4 hours sleep, no throwing up yet ussualy when i get some appetite back i start dry reaching before meals, ahhh good old cold turkey! It does however feel this time that it will be for a long time i would always feel better by wednesdays no atter what i had binged on, this last time it went thursday to monday witch is what i could get away with. I am feeling i have enough guilt in the bank to keep me till first meeting back tonight. My wife has no confidence in me and im a bit ashamed to tell her im going.
Old 08-21-2012, 11:15 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR.

Go to this page - Alcoholics Anonymous Perth CSO W.Australia and call the 24 hour help line. You can also check out the meeting list that there.
Old 08-21-2012, 11:26 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks FredG got on top of the meeting times yesterday tuesday is the only day i have to miss in my local area. I think its been close to 10 years since last meeting! A bit nervous. Funny how quickly 20 years of abuse accumulates, my longest sober period in this time has been 1 month.
Old 08-21-2012, 11:32 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

All you need to do is concentrate on today. Just don't drink today and when tomorrow becomes today - repeat

10 years since your last ?? Time to go then.

Just remember, if you needed a drink you'd find a way to get one. Now that you need to stay sober, you can do the same, find a way to do it
Old 08-22-2012, 01:30 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Just helped my sister pickup her new car and shes like just went up the road and bought u a present, i thought a 20 for petrol was fair hahhaha i have got to be kidding myself a carton of beer, yeh thanks sis she dosnt know that im stopping again and also my wife is like great that will save us some money! TBH I am not even a bit tempted.... I need to do it... Sick of living with constantly letting myself down well got a new 24 beer door stop!