Notices

Looking for help

Old 09-03-2012, 05:55 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Hi Gilbert,
I also experienced an eye opening experience Sat. My adult children confronted me about my drinking problem. Their concern and worry, the thought of losing contact with my granddaughters really shook me up.
Sunday, my husband & I checked on an alcohol drug rehab program. Surprisingly for it being a Sunday someone was there to offer us information. Tommorow I am going in for an assessment to get me started on an intensive out patient program. I also get support thru AA and now i have found SR. For me I need all the help I can get. I got online and checked on all rehab programs in my area. I am only 2 days sober and it's taken 2 years to reach this point...keep searching for what works for you. Help is out there! Don' give up!
Old 09-03-2012, 05:57 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Still I rise.

You're doing so great--keep it up, Gilbert!
Old 09-03-2012, 11:59 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Thank you

Thanks for the feed back it helps. I liked the quote.
Old 09-04-2012, 01:52 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

"Good times for a change see, the luck I've had can make a good man turn bad. So please, please, please let me, let me, let me, get what I want this time... Haven't had a dream in a long time see, the life I've had can make a good man bad. So for once in my life let me get what I want. Lord knows, it would be the first time, Lord knows, it would be the first time." This song is stuck in my head today from The Smiths...
Old 09-05-2012, 10:20 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

I'm am happy I'm almost sober for three weeks. I am happy I am changing myself to become a better man...
Old 09-06-2012, 02:56 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  
~sb

Congrats on your time sober! Besides not drinking, what else are you doing to change?
Old 09-07-2012, 09:44 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Today has been one of the loneliest days of my life. I felt so alone I felt out of place I felt like I don't belong I felt truely alone today I am three weeks sober and counting.
Old 09-07-2012, 10:01 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

I don't know why I feel alone but I do. I will stay clean and sober I promise but I can't cut this feeling out of being alone like I have no one to talk to no I can share anything with I feel alone in the world. I know I have people here that talk to me and I don't want to sound like it doesn't matter because it does to me. I guess it's because I always feeling out of place everywhere I go. I can make friends and I do make friends people come talk to me and befriend me but I feel alone. I will go for a walk it's raining outside I guess I'm feeling low maybe the walk in the rain will wash away what I feel or at least it will take me back to when I was a little boy and I would play in the rain against my parents wishes... I miss having someone to tell me they'll always be there when I wake. Maybe I'm just naive...
Old 09-07-2012, 10:10 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  
Administrator

Give getting sober a little time Gilbert

Recovery was very much a process for me, rather than an event....first I got sober, then I stayed that way, then I tried to figure out all the other problems in my life.

When you're ready for that fixing phase, volunteering was a great way for me to get out of the house and start connecting with other people again.

Have you any hobbies or interests? that might be ways to meet new people too.

D
Old 09-07-2012, 10:17 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by gilbert View Post
I don't know why I feel alone but I do. I will stay clean and sober I promise but I can't cut this feeling out of being alone like I have no one to talk to no I can share anything with I feel alone in the world. I know I have people here that talk to me and I don't want to sound like it doesn't matter because it does to me. I guess it's because I always feeling out of place everywhere I go. I can make friends and I do make friends people come talk to me and befriend me but I feel alone. I will go for a walk it's raining outside I guess I'm feeling low maybe the walk in the rain will wash away what I feel or at least it will take me back to when I was a little boy and I would play in the rain against my parents wishes... I miss having someone to tell me they'll always be there when I wake. Maybe I'm just naive...
I have to ask you Gilbert...Why don't you try a few AA meetings?...Meet some people doing what we are doing....Sharing feelings and not drinking. I've met some great friends in AA....I'm a people person...I just couldn't be around the people I was with before I stopped.....And I couldn't be alone either. Even if you just go to AA to listen and talk to other recovering alcoholics....It will take that feeling of being alone away.....It can't hurt you.
Old 09-07-2012, 10:18 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

And conrats on those three weeks!....That's amazing!!....Be grateful for that and don't let go of it!!
Old 09-13-2012, 10:06 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

I'm now 4 weeks sober and counting and it feels strange I also have court next Friday which worries me I will see what happens and I will take it from there. As far as everything in my life I'm just taking it one day at a time and I getting my life together and I thank God for me getting arrested because if I wasn't for that moment then I would have never gotten the courage to get sober I just pray that it's not to late. I have across people that think about relapsing and it makes me think about me and if I am able to change and if I have it in me to stay sober. I will stay on the path that I'm on because it is what I need to do it is what I was meant to be I just fear that I might fall but I do have people in place that help me along the way. I feel dumb for my actions but I am grateful for them because I needed to go through it to learn from it. Thank you all so much for your support on here it is because of you guys that I have gotten this far and I will continue on this journey and I hope I make it... I hope we all do... Sorry I'm just babbling on.
Old 09-13-2012, 10:22 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  
Administrator

congratulations on 4 weeks Gilbert
I hope court will go ok for you.

D
Old 09-13-2012, 10:32 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Gilbert, you are doing great!!
So impressed with how you're turning your life around xx
Old 09-13-2012, 10:38 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 4 weeks, thoughts and prayers for court.
I remember when I hit a month, I couldn't believe it. You're doing great.
Keep it up, you're worth it
Old 09-19-2012, 10:10 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

I will have court on Friday and I am nervous. I am still sober and I am enjoying a new sense of my life. I am so focus on getting my life back and I am praying that God forgives me for my past... I have been thinking of the future and what I want and for the first time I see it happening for me I look back on my life and think and I realized everything happened for a reason I honestly would not change it for anything. I know now I am facing jail time and I could only wait and see what will happen...
Old 09-19-2012, 10:26 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope all goes as you'd wish it to, Gilbert and that your work on your recovery is recognised.

Best of luck

D
Old 09-20-2012, 03:14 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Will be thinking of you tomorrow, gilbert. Please let us know how it goes.
Old 09-21-2012, 05:45 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

Originally Posted by gilbert View Post
I don't know why I feel alone but I do. I will stay clean and sober I promise but I can't cut this feeling out of being alone like I have no one to talk to no I can share anything with I feel alone in the world. Maybe I'm just naive...
I am 1000+ days sober and have never found anyone that was non-alcoholic that understood. My wife who is extremely supportive of my recovery just gives me a deer in the headlights look when I try to explain what it is like. I guess why would any sane person be able to relate to insane behavior.

I honestly believe that AA saved my life so I am a bit of an AA fan. Just one aspect of AA is that you are surrounded by people who do understand. They understand the insanity because they are just like me and you and more importantly they have a solution that comes with an instruction manual.

At the end of my drinking I was so alone, so fearful, so hopeless. Now I have more true friends than I can count. Give AA a serious try and you can get better with the help of people who have been there and done that.
Old 09-21-2012, 10:23 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

I just got back from court and I am so happy that they didn't offer jail time instead originally offered 5 years probation then they cut it down to 2 years which my court appointed lawyer said I should take it which I plan on but I have to wait until next year to go to court again. I am happy that I am sober first and foremost and I am thankful for each and every one of you guys on here because you guys have been my support in a time when I hit rock bottom. When I felt worthless... I felt like I was not worth saving and now I feel alive again. I when continue to stay strong and live a sober clean life since I have found this site and everyone's feed back you all have been in my thoughts and prayers I don't think you guys will every know how much your support has meant to me. I thank God for you all and this site. Now I will wait and see what happens with the DWI charge as for that I will wait and see. Thank you all so much hug