Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

Day 10 and trying not to protect myself from sadness, or happiness

Notices

Day 10 and trying not to protect myself from sadness, or happiness

Old 08-18-2012, 05:13 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
I looked like that holdin beer

Pigtails, that is like so many of my friends.. So I understand. I am 27 and I am a little older then some friends. I have to get more serious now, but I know... many of my friends drink to excess a lot and seem to feel OK about it. Humph
Old 08-18-2012, 05:13 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
~sb

Alkies usually do (or don't do) things according to how they feel. Non-alkies do things because it's what needs to be done.....

For example, I may not do laundry as I don't feel like it, another just does it because it's time to do laundry... or the guy who doesn't feel like cutting the grass while his neighbor does it regularly as it needs to be cut....

We emote, we base life on our feelings. We numb ourselves not to feel, or to feel more fully (part of the delusion), then that stops us from feeling strong emotions.... we're a hormonal mess at times!

Congrats on 10 days, Pigtails! You are sounding like a person who is serious about staying stopped....I wish you well!!

Hugs & love,
Old 08-18-2012, 05:15 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

most of my friends do stupid sh*t while drinking and do not care... I guess it just caught up to me.
Old 08-18-2012, 05:19 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Akkkkkkk, your quotes slay me, Pigtails!!! I love the duality of humans... always have.
Old 08-18-2012, 05:23 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

This is my favorite:

Light is meaningful only in relation to darkness, and truth presupposes error. It is these mingled opposites which people our life, which make it pungent, intoxicating. We only exist in terms of this conflict, in the zone where black and white clash.