Notices

new/how bout you

Old 08-18-2012, 01:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

new/how bout you

hello im joel from ca..tx ///been an addict for teen years but the last two have been the most crucial.//thought id try heroin on like a jacket and take it off when i got hot..boy was i wrong .//been to rehab twice since then and dry and high numerous times too./// recently been sober since aug 5th as im absolutely sure illl never do a thing good with my life till i stop for good ,..and seeing how ill be 25 next sat and i still live at home with no schooling or job ...this ends now.//not here for advise.//jus sober convo and i respect p.o.v ....glad to be here /// i know im not alone in this but addiction can be so lonely.///i thought i had an addiction prob. then i tried heroin/// (thanx 4 reading
Old 08-18-2012, 01:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcom Joel,
This site is a great resource. Many people working different programs and sharing ideas with one common goal. Glad you decided to join us.
HRB
Old 08-18-2012, 01:46 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Welcome aboard Joel. I went to high school and some college in tx, and lived in San Fran for a couple years. Good to have here.

Keep reading and posting.
Old 08-18-2012, 02:05 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR envymeetfury...It's a good place...I'm curious...When you were in rehab... Did they prepare you for what you would do to remain sober when you got out?
Old 08-18-2012, 02:12 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Glad you are here. It is lonely at times. Keep coming back...that's the thing I hear over and over. No need to go it alone.
Old 08-18-2012, 02:32 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

at sapling ...yeah they did ..at the last one ..and honestly all that went out the window .when the time cam that i desided to be selfish and thought once again i could control it and jus wanted another tast on last time ./// that was four months ago ..that little taste turned into a full taste bud orgasm.needless to say im pickin up the pieces
Old 08-18-2012, 03:24 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Yeah....Getting past that thought we can drink like other people....Step one in recovery....I don't know about you....But if I have one...I'm toast.
Old 08-18-2012, 04:12 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR it's good to have you here.

I'm 24 so a very similar age. Like you I decided that I couldn't carry on living the way I was and knew that unless I stopped drinking (alcohol was my problem) I wouldn't get anywhere in life. I've been sober four and a half months and already my life has changed dramatically. You can do all that you want to do if you get sober and be whoever you want to be. All of that is waiting for you.

Wishing you all the best.