Notices

30 days! Woohoo.

Old 08-16-2012, 01:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

30 days! Woohoo.

Well, my last June 16th. Feeling pretty good about it.

Gave up on AA for a while, i put my relapse prevention plan into effect.

There is still booze around because my temp. Roomate drinks. All of my family drinks, i see it at least 3 times a week.

I was on vacation and kinda kick started doing sober stuff, working on my cars, hiking, shopping, going to the movies, reading a lot of stuff online and working on a project at work.

I still do two group meetings every week. One for parenting stuff and one for substance abuse (booze, no drugs).

I am maintaining by pushing myself harder during excercise.. Running longer distances, cross fit, hiking, and doing manual labor around the house.

In all, i feel pretty good and i'm maintaining vigilant on relapses. I've had more than a few, been at this since March.

The only thing i wouldn't mind is a woman in my life. I know, "its too soon" bla bla... My last relapse was a disaster ... (look for the post). Lol

But someone in my frame of mind would be ideal. Not to rush into things, but to kinda hang out. I don't have a "set" set of friends. Depending on what i'm doing dictates who i hang out with.

Anyway, 30 days...

Loking forward to a few more of these....

I am relatively good looking, physicaly fit, and managed to NOT totally destroy my life. Just my relationship with my son and an ex-flame or two.... Due to my drinking.

Its funny, i didnt sleep at all tonight. I stayed up working on a side project on one of my cars. Came inside at midnight and been up crusing the internet all night. I got to work at 7. I'll be sucking bye noon.
*cheers*.
Old 08-16-2012, 01:46 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Hey Zooman ,

Congratulations on the 30 days

There will be a nice woman out there somewhere , just need to stay true to course, things happen in their own good time .

Bestwishes, M
Old 08-16-2012, 01:54 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congratulations!
Old 08-16-2012, 02:54 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congratulations!
Old 08-16-2012, 04:47 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on thirty days sober!!
Old 08-16-2012, 05:08 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 30 days sober go you!
Old 08-16-2012, 08:14 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Great news Zooman! Congrats
Old 08-16-2012, 08:19 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Way to go on 30 days
Old 08-16-2012, 08:26 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

30 days!! That's super inspiring!! WOO-HOO!!! You go!! :-) Just as a reminder- you know when you first meet someone and you get all twitterpated?? NOT the most conducive to maintaning focus on the work you're doing right now. It sounds like you know that though! :-) Mecanix is right- that will come naturally in time. Just stick to what you're doing. You sound really positive and upbeat! Thanks for the inspiration today. I can't wait to make it to day 30!! That's huge!
Old 08-17-2012, 07:25 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Great job!!
Old 10-24-2012, 08:50 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

90+ going strong. the last few days i've had some really bad cravings. mostly out of boredom.

i have some house work to do to keep me busy this weekend, thank god. i may just hit up an AA meeting or two.

i maintained with crossfit, running and turning wrenches. now that its starting to get cold, i need to shift into winter mode. rofl

i havent really been on here, just keeping a positive outlook and reading all the drama can get depressive. just my own opinion. i'll do some more browsing over the next few days and hopefully get grounded again.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
Old 10-24-2012, 08:53 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats Zooman - you'll always find support and ideas here if you think you need 'em

D