Notices

In control and feeling more free!

Old 08-15-2012, 12:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Talking In control and feeling more free!

I think the one thing that scares us, is taking control of our lives. Change is scary and hard! I've had addictions to many things since I was 14, and I've tried to quit many times only to fail. 4 days ago that changed for me. I was sick of being high. I was sick of spending the money, and most of all, sick of letting everyone else down. I told myself that this was it. NO MORE, IM DONE! I prayed, I went here, and honestly it's not been hard. Sure the cravings are there, but what God has for me takes those cravings away. I know not everyone is religious so praying might not be for you, if so, it is so important to lean on family and friends! You are never alone in your journey, and yes you can do it! I think once you decide that your done for good and you stay strong in your decision it truly makes it easier! I know ppl might say its only been 4 days how can u be sure u won't relapse? Truth is, I don't know that, but I plan to stay strong and live for my kids not the drugs! Life is too short to worry about the future.. Take control Today and everyday, if you fall pick yourself up and try again! Each day brings a new opportunity, what will you do?!
Old 08-15-2012, 01:54 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I think once you decide that your done for good and you stay strong in your decision it truly makes it easier!
Yep - that is so true. When I made the decision that I'd never drink again and I'd never change my mind, I was liberated. Knowing 100% that I won't ever drink means that I never have to worry about that, because it just won't happen.

I know ppl might say its only been 4 days how can u be sure u won't relapse? Truth is, I don't know that,
You can be sure that you won't relapse. Believe in yourself!

All the best to you and congratulations on 4 days - that's fantastic.
Old 08-15-2012, 02:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yes it truly is liberating! It feels great to know all the things that are possible now! Thanks for your kind words and Congrats on being sober too!
Old 08-15-2012, 04:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Inspirational

I found this very inspirational! Thank you for posting and good luck
Old 08-15-2012, 04:44 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks for a great post inablackhole

D
Old 08-15-2012, 05:35 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi Inablackhole,

So glad to hear you have 4 days of being clean and feeling positive. I use my HP, AA and SR to stay sober. I agree I need a power greater than myself to stay sober.
Good on you

Love
CaiHong
Old 08-15-2012, 05:51 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

I think the one thing that scares us, is taking control of our lives. Change is scary and hard!
It is scary, but for me and many others. It was getting to face I cant control my own life, thats why I end up with the same results for decades. I had to learn about a power greater than myself to take control of this alcoholic.

Congrats on you days .
Old 08-15-2012, 06:09 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

To everyone!

I have to say that it gave me a great feeling to know my words have touched others! Y'all are my inspiration too and it makes me strive that much more! Thank you everyone and great blessings in life!