Notices

visiting Michigan on weekend

Old 08-15-2012, 04:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

visiting Michigan on weekend

Good morning all. I will be visiting Romulus MI on the weekend for a NASCAR race, my first sober one, and was wondering if anyone knew of any meetings on the Saturday night in the area. Your help is greatly appreciated.
Old 08-15-2012, 04:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Here you go...Have fun!

meetings

In case you need more info....

HelpLine for Meeting locations: (734) 482-5700
Old 08-15-2012, 04:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Didn't see that was your first post...Welcome to SR....It's great to have you here!
Old 08-15-2012, 04:48 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you for your help! Hope to see someone there Saturday evening! I will be the Canadian
Old 08-15-2012, 05:11 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
12-Step Recovered Alkie

Hi Peach...... I'm from/in Michigan. So is Boleo if you want to look him up on here.

My cell phone is five 86-9 four 3 - 65 six five (I type it that way so bots don't/can't read it when I post it on an open forum like this). Please, use it.... anytime.

I assume you're going to be at Mich. Intl Speedway (MIS). I've never been there. It's kinda out in the middle of nowhere. The link above is for meetings in Romulus (which is where Detroit Metro Airport is......if you're flying in) which is about an hour away from MIS. It would help to know where you're staying - ie, what city.

Dunno if you have an iPhone but if you do (there might be a similar droid app as well), there's an app I've used called "Steps Away." It's a list of meetings in any/all 12-step fellowships based upon their time/distance from where you're standing when you fire the app up. It's a FREE app too, btw. Meetings are updated by users......like me.......so usually the data is pretty reliable.

Anyway, shoot me a text or gimme a call anytime. I can't drive (for now......close to getting my license back) so keep that in mind....... but I'm MOOOORE than happy to help in any way I can. Even if it's just to help you find a meeting close to where you're staying.