Notices

hello my name is

Old 08-14-2012, 12:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

hello my name is

Wayne, im an alcoholic, this isnt my first time posting on this site, about 7 years ago my fam convinced me i needed help, i didnt go to rehab or anything just aa, it worked for over a year i waas sober then i relapsed, im from california but i ended up moving to wyoming i had a cuzin up there and from there things went way downhill i had noone to tell me i was fn up, i was drinking a bottle of vodka or crown a day it was bad, i ended up having a daughter up there thought that would help me quit but her mother wouldnt let me see her and that just made things worse,,for 6 years i lived in a bottle, a few weeks ago my aunt came to visit and told my father how i looked and how i was living so i came back to cali, im tryin to get better ive been sober for 3 days but i know i need help, im trying to find a rehab to get into but im broke, does anyone know of any free rehabs in the bakersfield california are? im goin to die if i dont get help, please someone, anyone....please help,,,,thanx
Old 08-14-2012, 12:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR Wayne. I'm from the UK so I don't know anything about rehab in California. Someone will reply soon with an informative response I'm sure. I hope you find a place - I'm sorry you're feeling so low. Remember there is always hope, you can be sober again. Wishing you all the best.
Old 08-14-2012, 12:17 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

glad yer here wayne. IMO, iffen it worked for over a year before, i would highly suggest lookin for some AA meetings near you. its been workin good for over 7 years for me.
Old 08-14-2012, 12:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome Wayne. I'm new here (day #5) and don't know about centers in Cali, but I'm sure someone will get on here soon w/ some direction. Other than that, I think if you go into an ER and at least get seen and triaged to a facility.... I'd suggest calling AA or on of the other groups if you can't wait and at least get into a meeting or talk to a "live" person.

Hang tough - we're here for you! Maybe post in some more sites and they'll have more info <3
Old 08-14-2012, 12:27 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

The Salvation Army offers free rehab to anyone who wants it.

These are two Salvation Army Rehab Centers in your city:

The Salvation Army Adult Rehabilitation Center: Search

I hope that you stick around here and get to know us and that you decide to live a sober life.
Old 08-14-2012, 04:29 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Wayne

Some great advice here - the Salvation Army seems definitely worth looking at

Otherwise, you might have to do some ringing around but this is a national database of rehabs...enter your state and go from there...

Substance Abuse Treatment Facility Locator

I understand some rehabs offer places to people on low incomes...if you hit the select services button (on the second page after you enter your state) you can scroll down to payment options and find those kinds of rehabs, if there are any in your area.

D