Notices

Day 8

Old 08-13-2012, 09:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 8

Okay folks... I'm on day 8!! I made it for over a week! This weekend wasn't easy BUT I did myself a huge favor by having plans and sticking to them. Turned down 2 cocktail invitations and grabbed one of the "inviters" for a long walk with our pups! So I still got to socialize with NO booze. I think my friend really enjoyed it too. :-) My friends don't really realize that I've quit yet. I don't feel the urge to make huge proclamations. All I really want is to hang out and do things that are constructive and fun, minus the booze. Once I'm ready to join up for dinner, in environments where they will be drinking- I will have the ability to abstain. But, I'm not signing up for those activities before I'm ready... So, I plan on spending at least a few months avoiding those situations. From there, I'll allow myself a little exposure, making sure that my head is in a good place before putting myself out there like that. All is well, I know I won't drink today. Cravings have gone WAY down, thank goodness!!! :-)
Old 08-13-2012, 09:12 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

glad you're feeling better and thinking clearly.

Having a plan in place for free time is good. it keeps you on track and also I think you have such a good vibe of accomplishment.

Good for you, exercise the dog and yourself, stayed sober and socialized with friends.
Old 08-13-2012, 07:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
fgo

beetle hang in there.. at day 21 my cravings are all but gone.. just know if you can et through this you can get through anything