Notices

I'm back.....

Old 08-12-2012, 09:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I'm back.....

Hello sr! I am back, it's been a long time since I have visited let alone posted. A lot of crap has happened, which I will spare you the details. We all are all to familiar with tiller coaster ride, but albeit, I'm here on day 3. Have had the best two nights of sleep the last two nights. Forgot what natural sleep felt like, it's AWESOME! My anxiety levels have been through the roof for about the last 6 months, and i attribute that to drinking and beating myself up all the time. I do feel much better over the last couple of days. I'm not jumping the gun and making promises I can't keep, but I am praying alot in the morning, thought out the day and at night. I am calm, and I love it! Thank you for sr!
Old 08-12-2012, 10:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome back and congratulations on day 3.

Keep going - many more benefits await you.

All the best.
Old 08-12-2012, 10:18 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You are not alone in your journey...this wicked beast grabs hold of us when we least expect it and sometimes for a lot longer than we would like. I've been struggling myself with a new job that requires bi-coastal travel and we all know an alcoholic left alone to our own devices in hotels and airports is an alcoholic who is in a precarious situation to maintain sobriety.

I have found so much information, support and fellowship here on SR and although I'm still engaged in a full fledged war with my demon this site gives me the tools I need to win the ultimate fight. It ain't easy but as my screen name says, I WILL WIN.

You will too...we just have to keep fighting and keep wanting to be sober. When we slip, we have to pick up and not beat up and start again. And keep coming back...lurking, posting, learning from the countless people who have and continue to battle this addiction. There is a ton of wisdom here on these pages and I know we can do it.

Keep it movin' and move it for keeps...my new personal motto
Old 08-12-2012, 12:30 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I remember you! I am glad you found your way back....best wishes to you.
Old 08-12-2012, 12:31 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
We Do Recover

Welcome back! Keep moving forward. We do recover.
Old 08-12-2012, 01:24 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
New to Real Life

Welcome back! I remember you, too.
Old 08-12-2012, 02:29 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome back

D
Old 08-12-2012, 03:05 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Welcome back Chardonnay!
Old 08-12-2012, 03:45 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Good to see you back. I remember you because I can still remember stuffing up badly while drinking Chardonnay at a 5 star hotel. I went into deep shame and remorse for 3 days. I thought I would never get over it, the shame went on for months.
For me to even write about it tells me how far I have come.
besides not drinking how will you keep sober?
I needed and still need a program to stay sober, Imuse AA and SR.
All the best
Love
CaiHong
Old 08-12-2012, 07:10 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks for the support everyone! Major headaches today, blaming that on the 1 1/2 iced cappuccinos I had this morning..... Haven't had one in months. And on top of that my kids being way over the top obnoxious today. No, it's not being being over sensitive because I dont have a drink in my hand tonight. . My husband has noticed it today as well. The weather is also kinda funky tonight too. Other than that, I feel good. Ready for another peaceful nights sleep. Falling asleep without the aid of a glass or 5 of wine three nights in a row is an incredible feeling. Here's, to us, taking steps in the right direction and pulling ourselves up when we trip and fall! Good night friends!