Notices

Saturday night... Sober.

Old 08-11-2012, 05:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Saturday night... Sober.

This is my first Saturday sober in I don't know how long. I'm restless, antsy, and bored. I was thinking of going to an AA meeting, but now it is too late - I missed them for the day. I tried napping but I panic right before I'm about to fall asleep. I don't know why I am so anxious today!
Old 08-11-2012, 05:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Oh, I used to panic right before falling asleep in the first two or three weeks of recovery. It was awful.

Try taking a few really deep belly breaths and it will help. When you get panicky your breathing becomes very shallow and it increases the anxiety. Deep breathing sounds simple, but it really does help.
Old 08-11-2012, 05:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I completely relate to the almost asleep, then bam awake and freaking out thing. I can do it for hours. The thing that helps me the most is a guided sleep mediation I downloaded. It's about 20 minutes long but I can tell you I don't know how it ends :-). Hope that helps.
Old 08-11-2012, 05:45 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks, I will definitely try that. Something has got to give. I just need to keep a good attitude.
Old 08-11-2012, 05:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

My first Saturday sober also, just sitting here trying to keep occupied. Heck I am even talking to my wife :/
Old 08-11-2012, 06:04 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Iaguy, just remember you're not alone. We will get through this and it will get easier!!
Old 08-11-2012, 06:30 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I need to make a chnage also. I am going to be 40 soon and act like I am 15. I am so embarrassed of my behavior and most of my life. Just not working out getting trashed all the time I guess.
Old 08-11-2012, 06:53 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I try to treat myself to extra special dinner and maybe some ice cream even on the weekend nights, makes me feel like I'm still cuttin' loose on the weekend! Woohoo livin' dangerously with this light vanilla ice cream, baby, pass the chocolate sprinkles!
Old 08-11-2012, 07:07 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Food good idea. Have not eaten since this morning. Clean up and keep busy. I spend some much time thinking about all my mistakes. Crazy everyone at my work calls me a genius and says I am so smart but I think really bad about my self. Wish I could just slow down. I have to get sober so over getting drunk and high. Wasting my life away. Need to just stay sober no matter what otherwise it's just going to be worse. Guess I better dump out the last 6pack. If I don't I'll end up drinking it and getting another. I drive my motorcycle drunk all the time what am I thinking? Just have to think every thing will be ok.
Old 08-12-2012, 01:32 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I'm trying to "treat myself" --- but feeling guilty that I have to reward myself for staying sober. 28 years old and I feel like I'm 5.
Old 08-12-2012, 02:23 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

I also had that problem - but there are some great suggestions here Erika

Welcome to SR LAfan
Feel free to post your own thread if you like - you'll get more feedback that way

D
Old 08-12-2012, 06:16 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

FCEicka- Try hitting the base gym at night. I do bjj and boxing 4-5 nights a week and it took the edge of at the beginning.