Notices

WOW! Saturday morning and I'm....

Old 08-11-2012, 08:04 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
raf

WOW! Saturday morning and I'm....

Functional!!!!!! It's day 12 and I woke up this morning and feel GREAT!

No headache. No nausea. No apologies. No remorse.

I like this. I like this a lot. I could get used to this.

Not today.... Maybe tomorrow but not today.
Old 08-11-2012, 08:13 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Thats Great!!!

I did the same and I savor ever moment.

Paused to reflect on my positive decsions and now back at the task at hand. Living life and remaining abstinent.

I'm happy for you! Keep going strong!
Old 08-11-2012, 08:17 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Hey raf ,
glad to hear it , being in a good mood is so great when you're sober, the longer my sobriety lasts the better and longer my good moods seem to be, who'd have thought ?

thanks for the post,

Bestwishes, M
Old 08-11-2012, 08:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Awesome! Keep on keeping on.
Old 08-11-2012, 11:03 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

That's great!!! Congrats. Since I got sober I've been able to get up early on the weekend mornings and enjoy the sunrise without my head exploding. I then go for a run instead of dry heaving. Why the he'll did I not see this before!?!? Oh well, still have time for a great life. Congrats again and keep on pushing my friend.
Old 08-11-2012, 07:19 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
raf

Ugh..... Been a good day but tonight I'm having a rough time, so........ Here I am on SR, getting my head back in the game... Not today. Not today. Not today....

A
Old 08-11-2012, 07:51 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Raf what a perfect smiley! I'm feeling the same way. I just left job at the bar and am home working, but it was SO tempting to stay and cave. I didn't, but
boy it was a challenge tonight. Just for today...and at the rate we're going probably tomorrow too
Old 08-11-2012, 07:54 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by raf View Post
Ugh..... Been a good day but tonight I'm having a rough time, so........ Here I am on SR, getting my head back in the game... Not today. Not today. Not today....

A
Hey Raf,
Re-read your first post, over and over, Print it out and keep it in your pocket. Remember how good you felt waking up sober and without a hang over.

Have you tried going to a local AA meeting? It really really helps, even just to listen and not say or do anything. There is no strings or money attached and you don't even have to use your real name,. It was and is a lifesaver for me in recovery.

For me, whenever I was feeling down and thinking about using and the old friends started calling me up inviting me out, I would go to a meeting. Even though it was the last thing on earth I wanted to do, I always felt better after the meeting. It helped me get over 3 years of Sobriety one day at a time.

It took me a couple meetings at different times and locations till I found a bunch of people I could relate to. They have become lifelong friends and I could not have done it without them.
Check out Alcoholics Anonymous : HOW TO FIND A.A. MEETINGS

Of course if AA or 12 steps is not your thing, and you have honestly given a couple meetings a try,, there are lots of other in person recovery groups. Internet boards are a lifesaver but there is something very special about real life live in person interaction.

Best of luck to you!
Old 08-12-2012, 07:37 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
raf

Figured I'd stop by and say hi. Day 13 was pretty good. Had some typical "17 year old son" drama that normally would have been a trigger for me to grab a beer, but I recognized it and got past it.

I'll definitely be here tomorrow, day 14 is a big psychological day for me. The last time I've made it past 14 was November 1988..... Basic training..... Its already in my head but I'm ready for it!!!!!!
Old 08-12-2012, 09:58 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

When i was finding it hard, sitting on my hands, especially in the evenings. i liked to pull up the app on my computer that shows the time in different cities across the world . Then searching and pulling up web cam feeds like sydney harbour bridge and wakiki beach hawaii and watch the sunset and sunrise.
In the afternoon in the UK i could watch tomorow come towards me and somehow it kinda made getting there easier, quite often i'd fall asleep watching sunset over hawaii .

Bestwishes,M