Notices

Friday....

Old 08-10-2012, 09:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Friday....

Today I went to see my father and I was with my BF. My father drinks and we did drink together many times. Today he didnt drink infront of me which took some of the tension away. We were talking and he mentioned a family member that had caused me harm and great family discord. I kept quiet and tried to keep my visit within a healthy amount of time.

I left and went on to my therapy appt and did some good work there. I had a meeting to get ready for and just before I was leaving I had a moment and realized. I had let this issue with the family member cause me anguish for many years and never coped well with it hence the relationship I created with alcohol. I wrote down to myself as I spoke it ." I may never get an apology but I will have my sobriety and he will never have control over me." With that said out loud I took a step towards my spirituality and forgiveness made sense.

I took alot of advice with me to my meeting tonight. My sponsor was with me and we went to step and it was number 3. The speaker was inspiring and had a message I heard but there was a woman that explained her relationship with her higher power really hit home ( some how in the way she explained it as a fluid ever changing relationship that she builds on everyday)

The end of the meeting came and they called Burning desire. I raised my hand and said to the speaker thank you and I was supposed to be here to hear you. I looked to the woman that spoke and told her that I understood for the first time that I am spiritual and it is not one size fits all. I cried and felt relief that I had never felt.

I never thought I would be in AA but now I can't imagine my life without out it.

Thanks for letting me share
Old 08-10-2012, 10:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

sounds like an amazing night. thanks for sharing!
Old 08-10-2012, 10:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Coqui....That was beautiful...Thanks for sharing.
Old 08-11-2012, 03:20 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

What you just had was a spiritual awakening! Congrats... for me it happens in a million small ways that... had I not be sober I would have missed. I am grateful today to be someone who sees the small wonders in the world around me!