Notices

"Normal" behavior?

Old 08-09-2012, 07:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

"Normal" behavior?

hello everyone! i am new here and i am not an addict myself but my daughters father and the man that i love is addicted to crack cocaine. i never knew anything about crack before i met him. i never knew how evil it is and how it can destroy like it does. my question is this...when an addict is craving the drug is it normal to be mean and hateful to those they love and care about? he says some of the meanest things to me. i love this man. he has stoln from me, has lied i cant even tell you how many times and has been verbally abusive. i am hoping that he will get help soon but in the meantime i need to take care of me and i need to see if this behavior is normal for a crack addict. i have trid everything other than kicking his ass. but why is he soooo mean? i have loved him thrugh all of this and have been called a bitch and he threatens to leave every time we argue. he sait would be better for me and our daughter. i dont know what to do. sorry i know im all over the place here.
Old 08-09-2012, 08:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Originally Posted by aef0920 View Post
i need to see if this behavior is normal for a crack addict.
First, welcome to SR. What is normal about being a crack addict? So why should anything one does be considered normal?

You should visit our friends and family of addicts forum. You will find lots of support there.
Old 08-09-2012, 08:28 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome to the forum. Remember - you don't have to put up with abuse. There is a lot of help out there.
Old 08-09-2012, 08:29 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

ok well theres nothin normal about it. i just wondered if that was a symptom of the lack of drug or if he was just being an *******. i will visit there thanks
Old 08-09-2012, 09:06 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

A crack addict's first and only love is crack.

A crack addict will do just about anything to get his next fix, becoming the meanest, nastiest and even violent person without any scruples when it comes to getting his crack. You are putting not only yourself at risk, but your daughter as well.

Does he do crack in your home? If so, and he gets busted at your home, you could face charges, especially connected to child protection laws.

Please, don't ever leave your daughter alone with him.

Crack completely takes over the crack addict's life and they can live for years this way. I had the mistaken notion that the body could not hold up to crack addiction very long, but this is not true. There are two crack addicts in a village in Antigua who are still alive with their crack addiction after more than 25 years.

As others have said, get away from this abuse. You cannot help him out of his addiction, only he can. You deserve someone who loves you and respect, trust and appreciation are the foundations of your relationship. Your daughter should not be exposed to this type of person.
Old 08-09-2012, 10:29 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Aef.... I have done crack for about three years. I stopped. While in between I was not violent or abusive. It is an individual thing.

I agree with everyone. Get out now.

But know one thing... In doing what you need to don't ever blame yourself.

I can tell you on crack .... It's a feeling that is not easy to replicate on any NORMAL life experience. It's fake. It's a lie. It's nothingness.

You man is not weak for succumbing to it. You are not weak for leaving. It's an addiction. And when it takes hold its not easy for anyone.

I wish you the best and please put yourself first.
Old 08-09-2012, 10:47 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Ditto the above,

A addict is a addict and in some ways were all different, I loved crack for years . Never volient. But no addict has "noraml behavior".

There are many men out there. Some dont even have to lie, cheat and steal.
Old 08-09-2012, 12:08 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
~sb

Did he act like this at all before he used crack?