SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Back at detox... (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/264784-back-detox.html)

desertsong 08-08-2012 01:34 PM

Back at detox...

Well, I saw it coming...after so much stress with my husband over his drinking the last couple of weeks and trying to decide whether or not to leave him, I went on a one week bender that landed me in an ambulance with a BAC of .367. So much for 4.5 months of sobriety.

Day 2 now and feeling better. Should go home tomorrow. I'm not giving up and I never will. I did it before and can do it again.

Just a reminder to those of you still suffering; don't do this alone. The medical profession can help you through detox, and when you get out, get all the support you can. Whatever you do, just don't give up. We can all get there if we just keep trying.

Thanks to those who sent PMs of support. It means a lot to me. I'll be back with you soon.

Peace and love to all.

Dee74 08-08-2012 01:36 PM

I'm sorry to see you still, struggling DS but I'm really glad you got help.
good to see you back here too :)

D

MightyMung 08-08-2012 01:40 PM

I'm here if you need to talk, as i'm sure every other member of this forum is.

Focus on getting back to sobriety - this is just a bump in the road, use it as motivation to power forwards and achieve what you want. Be thankful you managed to nip it in the bud before something really bad happened. View this relapse as a learning curve; familiarise yourself with your triggers and learn to ignore them. You did it for 4 and a half months, so you can do it again.

Remember, dealing with difficult situations will always be difficult - the clue is in the name. But drinking just makes it 10 times worse. Stay sober, and i'm sure you'll make the right choices about your husband. I have no experience of such issues but i'm available to lend an ear whenever you want. I'm rooting for you, you can do it. You clearly want to be sober so just focus and you'll be fine. Glad to see you're back and making the right decision to stay sober again. :You_Rock_

Hugs,
Jake x

IndaMiricale 08-08-2012 01:41 PM

Glad your okay,

You can get right back on track, if we still can take that breath we always can come back. Which you know.

Prayers sent for you :)

Thank you for posting quickly , always a good reminder whether you got 1 day or 1,000. Its always waiting to kill us. :grouphug:

Anna 08-08-2012 01:50 PM

I'm sorry you are going through this, DS, and I hope you feel better.

hypochondriac 08-08-2012 01:51 PM

I hope everything works out okay with your husband Desertsong x Glad you're getting back on track *Hugs* x

Sapling 08-08-2012 02:03 PM

I sometimes wonder why I let alcohol punish me as bad as I did....I think I needed to go where I went to get where I am. I'm not worried about you DS....You'll get this....Nothing happens in God's world by mistake. Get where you need to be.

Jeni26 08-08-2012 02:53 PM

You have been such a positive influence on me. I'm here for you now. Sending you lots of love xxx

Soberween 08-08-2012 03:14 PM

Desertsong.....I'm so sorry that this happened. You truly have helped so many others on this forum. Life comes at you fast. So glad that you came here and didn't continue down that terrible path.

OneLessLonely 08-08-2012 03:36 PM

I'm so sorry for what you're going through. I always recognized your name from when I first joined so had somewhat followed you. I'll be thinking of you and hoping strength and clarity for you.

sissy07 08-08-2012 05:03 PM

desertsong,

I am sorry to hear this. You have been so helpful to me (and I am sure everyone else) - I am just glad you came back right away and are determined to beat this. You sound good. Please take care.

Hevyn 08-08-2012 05:05 PM

We love you, desert. Please take good care of your precious self and get well. Maybe that'll be the last time.

faceitandfixit 08-08-2012 05:32 PM

Hugs and prayers for you DS. Glad you're back on the right track. You can do this, we all have tons of faith in you. xo

Fallow 08-08-2012 06:53 PM

I gotta say your posts have helped me out a lot I know that.

I'm rootin for ya! Hope you get out tomorrow and take it easy on yourself.

Pondlady 08-08-2012 07:14 PM

DS,
You've been so kind to me and others. Try to get some rest tonight before you come home from the hospital. Keep in touch with your SR family:) Hugs.

sugarbear1 08-08-2012 09:00 PM

Glad you are doing better.

Big love and hugs sent to you

nonblondechef 08-09-2012 03:43 AM

Good to hear from you, sweetie. Keep the faith - one day at a time. Love, T

neferkamichael 08-09-2012 03:54 AM

At your assistance anyway I can. :egypt: :Flower111

Elisabeth888 08-09-2012 04:56 AM

I am sorry Desertsong, but I am so glad you are okay! You are going through a lot and I am praying for you.

Threshold 08-09-2012 05:21 AM

I'm sorry for the bender, but glad you are back on board with recovery.