Notices

Made it to day 4

Old 08-08-2012, 04:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Made it to day 4

Last night wasn't as bad as the night before because I got on the phone with a very supportive friend. Still having waves of anxiety and still very tired but otherwise feeling really good. Checked out AVRT. Some of it makes sense. I like the AV bit and how to address it objectively.

Each day, each hour, each minute feel different from the one before. I could sob, I could laugh, I could sleep, I could climb a mountain...and that's all before lunch!! I hope these feelings level out a bit with time but I understand they need to surface after years of drowning.
Old 08-08-2012, 04:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Congrats on the progress. Yes they do level off... And they may come back. I have had. Both in various attempts. I let them wash over me when they do not cooperate.

Keep up the good work! Try to remember to enjoy life as we all progress.
Old 08-08-2012, 06:34 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congratulations on day 4! I'm right there w u! And I've been crying a lot, feeling sad & anxious too. I think you're right though...it all needs to surface. Hang in there!
Old 08-08-2012, 07:30 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by quitforme79 View Post
Congratulations on day 4! I'm right there w u! And I've been crying a lot, feeling sad & anxious too. I think you're right though...it all needs to surface. Hang in there!
Yay! A day 4 buddy :-)). Being at work helps, being with my kids helps (50/50 custody), being on here helps but being alone sucks a lot. I need to start suggestion sober activities with my friends. They are good people and will be into it but I kinda feel like hibernating. That's not good. Your thread on the beginner's AA meeting caught my eye. That seems like the best way to go.
Old 08-08-2012, 07:43 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Run to live... live to run

It will level out. I'm on day 67 and I still get emotionial from time to time! It's only been 4 days so ride it out! Hang in there!
Old 08-08-2012, 07:48 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good for you!

And, keep listening for the Addict Voice. You know you can hear it and let it go.