Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

2nd online group I've ever joined. The first was for overseas drug buying advice!

Notices

2nd online group I've ever joined. The first was for overseas drug buying advice!

Old 08-06-2012, 12:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hello all! Very new here. Been to lots of in-person recovery meetings but never online. Right now on day five of going cold-turkey off of evil Tramadol, and day three of a RAPID taper off of Xanax (using small amounts of Valium for 10 days). Just now beginning to feel a bit better, but that's only because this latest tram/benzo binge wasn't for very long. I know for a lot of folks at day 5 they'd still be in pure hell.

I had about 18 months of perfect sobriety, then another 18 months of occasional doctor scamming for pills and towards the end a dozen beers- both of which I knew full well would be the beginning of the end for me. Before long I was ordering prescription drugs from overseas and away we go!!!

Never reached ay horrific bottoms, but I know if I continue they are right around the corner. I'm going to go to NA and AA meetings for another week before I take my last 1mg dose of Valium and then will collect my 24 chip- which I intend to be my last one EVER (I already have 2). I never worked the steps, which is what I now know what I have to do.

Anyway- looking forward to reading other newbie's posts and offering encouragement.
Old 08-06-2012, 01:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Red

You'll find a lot of support and encouragement fir your recovery here

D
Old 08-06-2012, 04:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sounds like you have a plan RickshawRed Glad you're here x
Old 08-06-2012, 05:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Red, you sound real good to me....your plan makes sense and you seem to know what you need to do. Hey, I had a whole drawerful of 24 hr chips at one time. Best wishes.
Old 08-06-2012, 07:55 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Welcome RickshawRed!

Congrats on day 5 - hopefully you're over the worst of it and can start looking forward to better days ahead! The support here is great and I love that it's just a click or two away. Glad you're getting out of the vicious cycle!
Old 08-06-2012, 08:16 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks all for your words of encouragement!