Notices

day 1

Old 08-05-2012, 07:13 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ca3726 View Post
I can't see a doctor about this. Very few people know I have this problem, and even the ones who do don't think its a problem. I live in a small town and I don't want it getting out that I'm an alcoholic. That may sound stupid but its how I feel. I have to do this on my own.
You are boxing yourself into quite a tight little corner....

I wish you the best.

Bob R
Old 08-05-2012, 07:19 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Welcome ca and toast!!

To me, your post is the most important post I've read today, for it reminds me of just where I can be if I choose to drink today. For many, many years it was no longer a choice for me, I drank just to get through life.

Stating that you are on day one is HUGE!! It can be the beginning of a totally different way of living. There is much promise in staying sober, but little to be found while drunk and feeling like total cr*p.

I wish you strength, hope and the tenacity to stay close to SR and give yourself a new chance at life. Hugs to you both.
Old 08-05-2012, 07:23 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

I just want to apologize for sticking the extra A in AVRT, didnt mean it. I type to fast for my own good sometimes. And really should not hit the post button so quick.

Sorry.
Old 08-05-2012, 07:48 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Thank you all for the advice. I am trying to change my thinking. I have a problem & I don't want to let my pride get in the way of getting well.I will beat this! Thank you for the support you have. Given me on this very difficult first day.
Old 08-05-2012, 07:58 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Welcome ca!

I spent the first couple days reading on this forum and staying sober an hour (sometimes a minute) at a time. It seems strange and a bit scary, I know, but it won't be this way forever.

Just try to stay in the moment and keep things low-stress if you can (I'm a mom, too, and I know that's not always easy!)....... Things really will get better.....