Notices

Stressful Day, yet FULL of Gratitude!

Old 08-03-2012, 06:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Stressful Day, yet FULL of Gratitude!

Today has been very, very stressful at work, both physically and mentally, but...

I am grateful for my aching legs. They have held me up strong, all day long and they have carried me everywhere I needed to go.

I am grateful for my swollen feet. They have supported me and reminded me that fast food contains a lot of sodium! Also that I need to hydrate more.

I am thankful for my sore, stiff shoulders. I carried many heavy, physical burdens today without my arms failing. The stiffness also reminds me of all of the emotional burdens I carry as well--many of which I should just decide to put down once and for all.

I am grateful for my tired, frazzled mind. It dutifully processed so much more information than I ever thought it could today. It allowed me to rise above the mental wake and take a big leadership role that was way outside my comfort zone today, even though it sometimes feels like I should barely be able to tread water.

I am also truly thankful for my weakness with wine last night. Having spent a week sober, working today with the after-effects of just one simple glass of wine has shown me how much harder my body must work when under the effects of alcohol consumption. I felt everything much more distinctly today. After a week of clarity, the haze of the after-effects is much more obvious than it has ever been to me.

I am thankful for the Divine who blesses me, for my family that loves me, for my friends and co-workers (and SR members) who encourage me and for my soul who reminds me that I must always work on loving is myself--that although love for others comes easily, I must strive to love myself, respect myself and take care of myself if I am truly to love, respect and take care of others to the fullest.

Blessings to all of you tonight!

I am so grateful for having completed Day 1...again
Old 08-03-2012, 06:59 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Beautiful post SG. Your sincerity and thoughtfulness is lovely. Happy sober day 1.
Old 08-03-2012, 07:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congratulations on getting through your new Day One. Good to see you trying again.