Notices

a new low

Old 08-03-2012, 01:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

a new low

hey everyone, my name is Julian and I am in need of your help. I have been drinking for the last 7 days straight.I have drank 12 8% beers each day and I also did a few grams of coke, I woke up this morning and felt absolutely insane, I can't find help anywhere, I have called a couple help lines but I can tell the people have not been through what I'm going through and can't relate to me. have any of you ever felt like you have lost your mind and successfully came came back from it ? I just feel so ****** up and would like to hear from people who have been through something like this before
Old 08-03-2012, 01:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I had those 'no one understands what I'm going through' thoughts too Julius. I reckon though that pretty much everyone here gets it. I would suggest that if you want to hear peoples stories that you head off to an AA meeting pronto...
Old 08-03-2012, 01:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by juliusgulius View Post
hey everyone, my name is Julian and I am in need of your help. I have been drinking for the last 7 days straight.I have drank 12 8% beers each day and I also did a few grams of coke, I woke up this morning and felt absolutely insane, I can't find help anywhere, I have called a couple help lines but I can tell the people have not been through what I'm going through and can't relate to me. have any of you ever felt like you have lost your mind and successfully came came back from it ? I just feel so ****** up and would like to hear from people who have been through something like this before
It will keep getting worse until you surrender.
I sat in the drive of the Rehab with a pistol to my head trying to decide whether to end it or go into recovery. I've been through what your are going through.

I strongly suggest you Google and read AA's "The Doctors Opinion", "How It Works" and "The Promises of Alcoholics Anonymous"....
Let me know if you have any questions.

All the best.

Bob R
Old 08-03-2012, 01:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 2granddaughters View Post
It will keep getting worse until you surrender.
I sat in the drive of the Rehab with a pistol to my head trying to decide whether to end it or go into recovery. I've been through what your are going through.

I strongly suggest you Google and read AA's "The Doctors Opinion", "How It Works" and "The Promises of Alcoholics Anonymous"....
Let me know if you have any questions.

All the best.

Bob R
are you serious? wow man, and how are you doing now? the only thing is I can't afford rehab and all the free ones and detox centers have really long waiting lists
Old 08-03-2012, 02:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yes Julian, I too felt like I was losing my mind after 2-day bender of alcohol... I did that way too often.

You WILL recover, but there is work that has to be done via AA / SMART or other recovery program... Perhaps an in-patient rehab is what you need ?

Please take care of yourself as you deserve much better

All the best.
Old 08-03-2012, 02:32 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by juliusgulius View Post
are you serious? wow man, and how are you doing now? the only thing is I can't afford rehab and all the free ones and detox centers have really long waiting lists
Doing quite well considering my chances of seeing 1990 were bleak.

There are many options, I suggest you look up AA in your telephone book and give them a call. Those folks will get you headed in the right direction.

All the best.

Bob R
Old 08-03-2012, 02:34 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi Julian,
Stop drinking, taking drugs find a program that helps you to stay stopped. You will get better believe me. I am sober 14 months now will the support of AA and SR.
You really need support from people who know what you are experiencing, we have gone through what you are going through and it's awful but it will pass.
Love
CaiHong
Old 08-03-2012, 02:37 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Lots of us here can totally relate to your post. We all feel messed up and like no-one understands us.
But, there is hope. Make today the first day of your new life. It takes courage, and it isn't easy at first.
Read how others are succeeding, what has worked for them. There are different recovery methods. I use AA, but there are others.
I am learning to believe the words of those who are further along the path to sobriety. They are learning how to be happy. You can be too x
Old 08-03-2012, 02:43 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

i was pretty much in the same boat as 2granddaughters(bob). cept i wasnt at rehab or have a gun. the day after my last drunk i narrowed my choices down to either go back to AA or kill myself. in my case the killin myself was prolly gonna be from a self inflicted bottle wound, and they take a long time to die from. i chose AA. found a fellowship that knew exactly where i was. so much so that i thought they had followed me for many years!
i went ot meetings, put a buck in the basket, and had 8-30 professional ex drunks help me get sober for the hour. that has been the best price i ever paid for help!
today life and sobriety rocks!!!
prayers yer way for strength and courage to get into action, no matter what way you choose, as long is it isnt yer own thinkin ya try to use to fix ya.
Old 08-03-2012, 02:44 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

I remember feeling 'crazy' during the last weeks of my drinking. It was a nightmare.

Go to an ER for help if you can't get into a detox or rehab.

Have you tried the Salvation Army in your area? They always offer free rehab.
Old 08-03-2012, 02:55 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

thanks a lot to everyone who replied, it really gives me hope that you have been in a similar situation and are doing so well now, also do you think I should seek medical attention for detox. I have drank a 6 back of black label supreme every night for the last 3 months and drank 12 a day for the last 6 days, I am gonna try to ween myself off, but I'm not sure if I should go to detox, I phone one place and they said there is a four week wait to get in
Old 08-03-2012, 02:58 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

What about an 'at home' detox. Have you asked your doc about it? Weaning is fine if you can do it but I did that and I just prolonged the agony of quitting by occasionally overdrinking.
Old 08-03-2012, 03:01 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi again JG

I definitely think you should seek medical attention yes.

I had a really bad (like life threatening) last detox coming off a bender...not everyone will have that happen, but I think it pays to be safe.

Whoever you see can probably help you with ideas on what to do next too Julian

D
Old 08-03-2012, 04:35 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Hi again JG

I definitely think you should seek medical attention yes.

I had a really bad (like life threatening) last detox coming off a bender...not everyone will have that happen, but I think it pays to be safe.

Whoever you see can probably help you with ideas on what to do next too Julian

D
all the detox's I phone have long waiting lines, should I just go to the emergency room or something?
Old 08-03-2012, 04:39 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Administrator

If you feel concerned, yes, for sure.

Not sure where you are but many areas in the US now have free or low cost clinics too - that might be another option

Free/Low-Cost/Sliding-Scale Clinics

D
Old 08-03-2012, 04:45 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I live in Burnaby British Columbia, I have tried calling all the free help programs here but they are all packed, even the detox centers have long waiting lists
Old 08-03-2012, 05:13 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Administrator

OK sorry about that
My knowledge of Canada is limited but perhaps others here have local knowledge

ERs are pretty much the same tho

D
Old 08-03-2012, 06:18 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Go to ER Julius....
Old 08-03-2012, 06:33 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Self recovered Self discovered

2nd that TorontoGuy. Julius, at least you know you will not have a huge medical bill waiting for you, or treatment pending a successful insurance check.

Julius, present yourself to the duty nurse, tell her you are in acute alcohol withdrawal and you need help. You can get a quick ride to the ER too if you need to, right? Call 911. Don't mess with this.
Old 08-03-2012, 06:40 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

We want you well. It sounds like you would like to be well to. Please seek medical attention. We want to hear how powerful you feel once you realize that you can and will overcome this.

I wish you strength and courage tonight. Peace will come.