Notices

Dreams

Old 08-03-2012, 08:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Sober since Jan 1, 2012

Dreams

So in the beginning of my sobriety (01/01/12) I had lots of drinking dreams. And then I'd wake up feeling really bad, guilty, sad. Until I realized it was a dream.

Now they've evolved into dreams where I'm telling people I don't drink, constantly. What's that all about?

My husband thinks it's my subconscious fighting with my conscious. That my old drinking habits in my brain are struggling with my new life.

What do you all think? What dreams do you have?
Old 08-03-2012, 08:53 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I had dreams when I woke up being 100% sure I drank the night before, those ended after 4-5 months of sobriety.... Now I do get dreams in which I tell people I do not drink, and that's about it.... Pretty normal stuff
Old 08-03-2012, 09:01 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I've had lots of drinking dreams. They feel so real I wake up feeling devastated that I've caved. Guess that's my fear of relapsing playing havoc x
Old 08-03-2012, 09:05 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

i have horrible dreams. dreams where i drink and i know i shouldn't be but i have and i'm already drunk. in my dreams i'm trying to hide that i'm drunk from everyone but i'm stumbling and can't even communicate properly. i think part of those dreams is due to me having some vertigo while i'm sleeping but not all the time.

last night was different. i had my worst dream ever last night. my husband, who isn't an alcoholic but when he drank could be very demanding and sometimes physically dominating, mother-in-law and i were out to dinner. my MIL had wine and (much to my surprise) my husband, sober for a couple of years, drank wine and martinis and got drunk. i was horrified.i wanted to run away from him. i cried, told him i was disappointed and hurt and wanted him to leave me alone. he picked me up, slung me over his shoulder, started to fondle me and raped me.

honestly, i am really getting sick of these dreams. i feel like i can't take them anymore but i have no control over them. my sobriety is doing great! my life is good. i am satisified! where the f*ck are these horrible dreams coming from? i really just want to cry. they're weekly now. sometimes more frequent. i'd rather dream about anything else but alcohol. it's beginning to really strain me. i'm afraid i'm going to start fearing sleep again, stop taking my evening meds and go back to good ole insomnia just to avoid dreaming.
Old 08-03-2012, 11:14 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

I have honestly always been a big dreamer. My whole life, I have remebered dream almost nightly, I am one of those that wakes up often to say be able to go back into the dream or change it.

As for my drinking dreams sometimes I still drink and when I wake I almost feel like hey that was okay, I dont need it in reality but that party was fun. And others I am just as adimite in not drinking as I am in reality. Little bit of best of both worlds.
Old 08-03-2012, 11:26 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
~sb

There's a whole forum on dreams, take a scroll down!
Old 08-07-2012, 09:52 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Sober since Jan 1, 2012

Hey - I thought no one posted to this! I didn't know there is a dream section on this site, I'll check it out! Thankfully, my drinking dreams seem to have waned. I hope this is a trend.

Sorry Displaced, that sounds awful. I hope you find some peace.