Notices

I deleted my dating accounts

Old 08-02-2012, 07:30 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I deleted my dating accounts

I deleted my dating accounts because I just don't feel like dating right now. I have a court date and don't feel ready to see anymore. I found that there are a lot of crazy people out there and finding a date online is not a good idea for me. Also I don't have the money to spend on dinner and stuff.

Old 08-02-2012, 07:33 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm with you on taking a break from dating. It's a distraction and a crutch at least for me.

Originally Posted by ACT10Npack View Post
I deleted my dating accounts because I just don't feel like dating right now. I have a court date and don't feel ready to see anymore. I found that there are a lot of crazy people out there and finding a date online is not a good idea for me. Also I don't have the money to spend on dinner and stuff.

Old 08-02-2012, 07:34 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I had those accounts for about 4 years since, I started to have a drinking problem and now there gone. Match is not because they keep it in there system for a year.
Old 08-02-2012, 09:10 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Sounds like a great decision. I'm not in a relationship right now either, and I see it as a chance to work through some things and become a better me. Even the very best of relationships take a lot of energy and time.

Just learning to be my own best friend has made a big difference.
Old 08-02-2012, 09:27 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Good for you! I think its a wise move.

Yes they do take a lot. I wish I had a pause button for mine. Let me pick up in a year from now. But I cannot throw away 18 years so I can get better. I need to do it where I am at with the tool is have now.

It's also hard to tell if the relationships dynamics help or hurt the cause. Despite the love I can tell you mine hurts things. If that does not change than I need to change things. But not there yet with that decision.
Old 08-02-2012, 09:32 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I agree with weasel1966. I'd love to have a pause button for my relationship right now. Maybe even a purge button, much as I hate to say it...

I'd definitely not be in a place to be dating right now that's for sure. I think just about anyone with a brain would run screaming from me!
Old 08-02-2012, 09:48 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Dating and rehab

When I was in rehab last year, there were 2 or 3 hook-ups by men and women alcoholics/addicts.

The counsellor got up one day, and said "We frown upon these liaisons...you are sitting in the basement of a mental institution....come on, would YOU date YOU?!"

Good one!

Kelly

...I hate watching men and women trolling for dates, at AA meetings.
Old 08-02-2012, 09:48 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

That sounds like a good decision. Focusing on your recovery will be worth it and when you're reading to meet someone, you will know and you'll be ready.
Old 08-02-2012, 11:48 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

The counsellor got up one day, and said "We frown upon these liaisons...you are sitting in the basement of a mental institution....come on, would YOU date YOU?!"
I love it.

I agree with all the above, I think you made a very wise decision.